SingleTrackMind Epic Short Shorts

2.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Singletrackmind Epic Short

Submitted by Ghost Rider a Cross-Country Rider from Flagstaff, AZ

Date Reviewed: May 20, 1999

Strengths:
Material has a nice feel. Zippered pockets are always good. Nice earth toned brown color.

Weaknesses:
Material shrinks like a certain apendage dipped into ice water. Pockets become useless because of shrinkage. Color partially due to the $hit being squeezed out of me.

Bottom Line:
I would have fared much better by just sewing pockets with zippers into my lycra shorts. Apparently the designers of this short decided that even though they are a baggy short they should have a tight fit; whether you like it or not. When they arrived they had a nice and roomy fit. Perfect. Then like everyone else, I decided to wash them in cold water, and let them hang dry. Much to the delight of the Singletrackmind designers notorious plan to keep bike shorts nice 'n tight, they SHRUNK about 2 sizes too small! I guess Singletrackmind is just that, singletrackminded: Bike shorts are bike shorts are bike shorts... Right?

1 Year

Submitted by JP a weekend warrior from Fort Worth, Texas

Date Reviewed: July 5, 1998

Bottom Line:

THESE SHORTS SUCK! Why do you need five separate pockets? If you're carrying that much crap, you need to take an RV, not a bike. I washed 'em in cold water, and hung 'em up to dry because I didn't want to shrink 'em. THEY SHRUNK ABOUT THREE SIZES ANYWAY! I could still wear them and have used them for almost a month. Today I noticed that they have developed about ten big holes in the inner short. I took extra care with these shorts and they're shot after less than a month. They cost way too much to be this flimsy and to shrink like somethikng from the K-Mart Kollection. My NEMA JEWELS have held up like iron. I'm sending these back tomorrow and buying a second pair of jewels.

Submitted by Eric a cross-country rider from Haiku

Date Reviewed: June 14, 1998

Bottom Line:

These shrink alot, then fit kind of weird. I only washed them once in cold water and hung them to dry, and they became so tight I had to send them back. I have a 30 inch waist and started with the M (30-32) then went to the L which also became snugger except certains parts of the short didn't shrink, like the liner. The correct size fit really nice when they were new unwashed, and they are definately good shorts, but there does seem to be a problem with the cloth.

Submitted by Florida a downhiller from COLORADO

Date Reviewed: May 14, 1998

Bottom Line:

These are the best shorts when you wanna hit a local bar and grille on your way home from a ride without getting your ass kicked by the harley gang because they think you are a flash back spandex disco freak. They also kick ass for those laid back casual rides. Stick to lycra for those long hauls.