Price Point Padded Briefs Shorts

Underwear with padding. 2-way stretch moisture wicking fabric. 4-panel anatomical design, leg grippers & seamless Micro-soft chamois.

Submitted by Mick a Cross Country Rider from Marin, CA

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2006

Strengths:    Absolutely none. They're horrible.

Weaknesses:    You name it. Cheapie lycra that barely stretches, and when it does it doesn't go back to it's original shape. The pad is worthless.

Bottom Line:
Ditto what the other dudes were saying below: these things are a complete waste of money. Take the $20 bill that you'd spend on two pairs of these, ball it up, and shove it into your regular underwear. Bingo, you just made a pair of shorts that is more comfortable and offer better protection than these things. I mean they were cheap so I wasn't expecting much, but even this shocked me.

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi

Bike Setup:   Turner 5-Spot

Submitted by Allen a Weekend Warrior from Williamsburg, VA

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2005

Strengths:    None.

Weaknesses:    Poorly made, cheap lycra, non-existent customer service.

Bottom Line:
Buying these are like flushing money down the toilet. I bought 2 pairs from Price Point for $19.95, and the first time I tried both of them on, they ripped and ran like cheap panty hose. I never wore them out of the house or on the trail. Worse yet, I emailed Price Point's customer service department, and after 4 days, still had no response.

You get what you pay for. Avoid these at all costs, and if you need low-cost liner shorts, go to Nashbar instead.

Purchased At:   Price Point WEbsite

Similar Products Used:   N/A

Bike Setup:   Old-school Univega hardtail. (I love it.)

Submitted by Gaz Edmunds a Weekend Warrior from Washington, DC

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2005

Strengths:    Inexpensive. And since it's a liner, it allows you to use any of your favourite shorts.

Weaknesses:    They absolutely suck!

Bottom Line:
Okay, I'm a big fan of liner shorts, since I've got pretty chunky legs (the joys of 25 years of constant soccer playing!) and they allow me to use the tons of linerless shorts I already own. I was ordering up some brakes from Price Point for another build I was working on, when I spotted these on sale - 2 pairs for $20. For that cash, I figured I'd give them a try.

I was headed out for a ride so I popped a pair of these out of the wrapper and tried to slip them on. Either I'd put on 20lbs overnight, or the fit on them was horrendous - my nads felt like they were in a vice grip. But what the hell, I figured they'd stretch out a bit when riding, and that the extra compression might help. Oh God no. And don't even get me started about the "chamois" which I'm convinced is just a few sheets of toilet paper sewn in there. After a very short 5 mile ride, I felt like someone had beaten on my "taint" with a baseball bat.

Bottom line is that the second I got home, they didn't go in the laundry bin, they went in the trash. The second pair I got were tried on, same fit, but this time I didn't even try riding in them, they immediately followed their brother pair. Price Point is an excellent place for inexpensive parts, but avoid these things like the plague, and spend that $10 on something less painful, like colonic irrigation, or something. 5 flamers for value, one for overall. You get what you pay for, folks...

Purchased At:   Price Point Direct

Similar Products Used:   Sugoi liner shorts, and Pearl Izumi 3D liner shorts.

Bike Setup:   Ellsworth Isis with CK headset, Fox Vanilla RLC shock, Raceface Turbine LP cranks, XT hubs with Mavic X321 rims, SRAM X9 shifters and rear D, XT front D, Thomson Elite stem and seatpost, WTB Laser V ti saddle, Monkeylite bars, Avid BB7 mechanical discs with Speed Dial 7 levers, and Candy SL pedals...

Silly question about padded briefs

Are you supposed to wear underwear with them? I just got my first bike-specific clothing. PricePoint has their own store brand for a tad under 12 bucks. I took advantage of their free shipping and think I got a deal compared to what bike clothing goes for! So underwear or is the padded briefs the un ... Read More »