Pearl Izumi Tecknicker Tights Shorts

For cyclists demanding the ultimate in performance during transitional seasons, these bib-tights feature performance fabric and an innovative pad. Stretch Ultrasensor(R) fabric offers superior moisture-management as well as great fit and muscular support. Bib is made of same material giving support and secure comfort. Chamois pad is designed to reduce pressure points during cycling through a system of differentiated padding levels. Modified 8-panel construction eliminates inseam and potential pressure points for optimal riding comfort.

Submitted by Chris a Weekend Warrior from Germany

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2004

Strengths:    I wear these shorts also in summer, i am 1.98 meters tall. So the short ends above my knees. I bought last week my second tecknicker, because the ultraviolett radiation of the sun damages my old tecknicker after 8 years.

Weaknesses:    ultraviolett radiation of the sun damages my old tecknicker after 8 years

Bottom Line:
Its a great short, i like to wear long shorts

Purchased At:   bike-stuff.com

Submitted by Forrest Arakawa a Downhiller from Pleasant Hill Ca

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2003

Strengths:    -Durable
-Lightweight
-Comfortable
-Keeps you dry

Bottom Line:
This product sure fills a niche for me. I wear these all the time now insead of regular shorts. They function as a short and knee warmer without the added weight of a fleece liner. Since they go below the knee they are able to hold the top of my knee pads on when riding DH. They don't stretch out or get ruined in the wash. I wash them after every ride and all the elastic an stitching has held up great. This is very important to me as we ride through winter in the mud. The fact that the bib holds them in place is a huge advantage. Many times shorts will slip or move the wrong way, but with the bib they always stay in the right spot. The pad has held up perfect as well. It really soaks up the sweat well. It does not chafe or rub you the wrong way. It stays comfortable even on long hot rides. Back in June we started a century at 5:00am in Oakland ca., it was freezing! After about 3 hours and arriving at Mt. Diablo, the temps climbed to well over 100 degrees F!! It was so hot!! I must say that the whole day I was comfortable in the Tec Knicker. They helped me out on the cold morning and during the hottest part of the day! I would check these out before making your next short purchase...

Favorite Trail:   West Ridge

Similar Products Used:   Sugoi

Submitted by Slim Tree Shadow from Oregon (the best state there is)

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
Excellent cool weather knicker. Fit is very good. I'm 6' 180 lbs and I bought a medium -- so be SURE to try this on first. The bottom's are tight (how I want 'em) and don't restrict movement at all. The top is so flexible and well designed that you don't even know it's there.

Great bonch pad in this knicker. Really big, and flared out wide on the sides. Extreme padding.

Go buy a pair. They look cool too -- just yesterday on the way home from the trails some high school chicks were whistling at me. You can't beat that -- gives you more energy to ride with!