Mt. Borah Sawtooth MTB Short Shorts

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

As rugged as the mountain range its named after! Features a durable Tahoe 4-ply nylon shell, Hydrotech wicking mesh liner, elastic belt with buckle, adjustable shock cord leg openings and a Velcro back pocket.

Submitted by Economer a Cross Country Rider from Charlottesville, VA

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2009

Strengths:    Reasonable looking baggy shorts. Chamois seems fine

Weaknesses:    Fit! Designed for someone with large waist and very skinny legs (which doesn't describe most bikers).

Bottom Line:
The waist is large, and the legs are VERY skinny. They feel like they were designed for the waist of a 200 lb man with the legs of a 90 lb girl.

I don't think I know anyone who would find these shorts a good fit.

I can't really comment about the chamois, because they fit so poorly that I couldn't get a comfortable ride in with them.

Purchased At:   Speedgoat (online)

Similar Products Used:   Performance brand, Oakley, others

Submitted by Ken a Cross Country Rider from LaGrange,GA

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2006

Strengths:    Fit & comfort

Weaknesses:    ????

Bottom Line:
These are the first pair of bike shorts I have used. I bought them at the same time I bought the higher priced Borah Beartooth. Both shorts fit great but the Sawtooth shorts pad seems to fit me better than the more expensive Beartooth.
I had these on almost all day today biking, walking, running and sitting around. To me they are just the most comfortable shorts I've worn. No rubbing, chaffing or anything. Everything stays in it's place as well. I will definately buy them again provided they hold up well and I can get a good deal on them again. Since I got a great deal on e-bay I give a 5 for value. Not sure if I could ever pay full price though. $65.00 for any piece of clothing in my mind is rediculous. $80.00 for the Beartooth; way out of my range. I got them for $35.00 on e-bay.

Favorite Trail:   like sex; even the bad ones are good. no favorites

Purchased At:   e-bay