Fox Head Mens Classic Shorts

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

6oz. Lycra short. 6 panel cut. Antibacterial chamois. Elastic at waist and leg openings. Printed logo.

Submitted by John a Weekend Warrior from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2005

Strengths:    Great fit, function, padding, price, looks and Fox quality.

Weaknesses:    Padding rubs between scrotum and thigh (on my right side only, I don't know why just one side?).

Bottom Line:
A great pair of shorts that I ordered online for $35/CAN and used since early 2003. I wear them during spring, fall warm weather rides when I'm not all suited up in my 2001 Team Trek gear (summer only). Also for the few times my Trek bike was in the shop and I rode my GT bike. Besides my other jerseys like a chance to get out of my closet and go for rides. I'll be wearing these Fox shorts with my 2003 Tour De France - King of The Mounatins jersey that I won on eBay.ca, hopefully by mid Aug. 2005. Only a few minor draw backs. For me it seems that the padding does not come far enough on the sides (thighs) and could come up a bit higher in the front. It digs into my skin after many rides in a week, though my Team Trek shorts never do. When my skin gets wet in that sensitive area, like when in the shower - IEE!, I see stars and No, I don't mean Angelina Jolie nor Jessica Simpson.
Bottom Line: If it didn't eat into my skin, these would be excelent like my Team Trek shorts but at 1/3 the price!

Purchased At:   www.foxracing.ca

Similar Products Used:   1996 Rip N Hammer, 1996 Team GT, 2001 Team Trek.

Bike Setup:   2001 Trek Fuel 90 Disk, 1996 GT Ricochet.

Submitted by Patrick a Cross Country Rider from Monterey, CA

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2005

Strengths:    Very comfortable, fits right, doesn't ride up, price is very good in comparison to others.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
Can't really beat the cost. Most MTB clothes are ridiculously priced, so I was glad to get these at the price I did. There were other shorts at the same price but even in the store it was obvious they wouldn't last long. The other brands of similar quality were for twice as much. So, can't lose with Fox on this one...

Favorite Trail:   Fort Ord

Purchased At:   Supergo in Mountain View

Bike Setup:   One XC bike, one road bike.