Endura Zyme 3/4 Shorts

Endura designed the Mens? Zyme 3/4 Bike Short to provide maximum protection without interfering with your ride or feeling unnatural like a lot of baggies.

Submitted by Travis Bickle a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2014

Strengths:    I have the grey camouflage 3/4s. The fabric is a thicker nylon that seems very durable and abrasion resistant. Large back, hand, 2 thigh pockets. Right thigh and inner left hand pockets are zippered. They both hold my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone which is handy. They come with a belt to fine tune which I prefer over Velcro tabs. I think they look pretty good. The fit is looser than the Humvee shorts that I have.

Weaknesses:    For my size they were a little long for 3/4s. I'm 5'10"' 195 lbs and I ended up hemming them up about an inch. I used this fabric and the Velcro cuff tabs to make a flap to secure the left thigh pocket. Don't know why that pocket is not zippered but it is now useful with a Velcro flap. I also added velcro to the rear pockets so I feel better about my wallet. The rear pockets are deep enough that nothing will fall out , but what take chances. They are a little to warm on hot days.

Bottom Line:
These are seemingly bomb proof, quite comfortable, and look good. With my mods they have lots of useful pockets, something that is sadly lacking in many shorts. They fit over my POC VPD2 knee pads pretty well. Decent belt and good belt loops. These are great for all mountain riding and would also be good for commuting or riding around town. I got them on sale from Blue Sky but even at $80 they would be okay because if the durability.

Favorite Trail:   Thirsy Beaver, Cumberland, BC

Duration Product Used:   2 Months

Purchased At:   Blue Sky Cycling

Similar Products Used:   Lots

Bike Setup:   Turner 5 Spot with 160mm Pike.

Submitted by Colin a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2012

Strengths:    Quality Build
Comfortable hours on end

Weaknesses:    Expensive if not on sale
Front button undoes sometimes. Not sure if zipper alignment is not perfect.
side waist adjustment (plastic) straps cam come loose

Bottom Line:
Note I have the baggy Zyme shorts, not the 3/4. See pic 5/5.

Very comfortable material. I have not used any other short so little to compare them to. Riding for hours at a time on mountain trails they are very comfortable. No crotch seam makes them very comfy in the saddle but feels a little odd when walking. Though not an issue if you are wearing a padded kick anyway.

The side waist adjustment straps do come loose after a few hours but not hard to pull tight again. I'm slim so likely a larger strain on that part and I don't wear a belt either (mine didn't come with one like shown in the pic thought it does have the belt loops). Front button can pop open occationaly too.

The legs are long enough stopping just before the knee, well suited to warm summer weather. The leg also has a velcro strap to tighten which is hand in winter wearing leg warmers. No gripper inside of leg.

Plenty of pockets (6), both zippered and velcro. Main pockets are comfortable enough with things in them.

I have the cammo ones and they are nice enough to wear down the shops and don't look out of place.

They are a bit pricey at 60/70 in most shops but are well made and fit comforbaly, a bargain if you can pick them up on sale.

Purchased At:   Chain Reaction