Endura Hummvee Lite Shorts

4.8/5 (5 Reviews)

Endura took their popular Hummvee short and distilled it down to a featherweight performance baggie.

Submitted by nick

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2012

Strengths:    Good for short or long rides.

Weaknesses:    Washing them.

Bottom Line:
These are great. I ride 4-5 days a week and I wear them two rides in a row and then wash, so that is at least 2 washes a week and I have had them for over a year now. After so many washes they are going strong. I guess it is time to buy another one. I started wearing these on my road bike because they are so nice and comfortable.

Submitted by RaveOn a Cross Country Rider from Florida

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2012

Strengths:    Light weight. Feel cool. Dry fast. Slide really easy on/off saddle. Durable where it needs to be, light where it doesn't. Fairly good removable liner. Liner has a total of 12 snaps to secure onto shorts. Hem adjustable (quads). Would buy again.

Weaknesses:    Made in China! Price considering they are made in China.

Bottom Line:
So far these are the best ride shorts I've ever owned. I'm not too certain the liner will last...if I get a year out of the liner I will be very happy. A little on the pricy side if you pay full retail. When I bought these I noticed quite a few long threads here and there that I needed to trim off, I wasn't expecting this for paying this much. Buy 1 size bigger than you think you need. I generally wear large shorts but ordered the XL and they fit me fine. I really like the slippery and durable saddle area fabric (Cordura). Great when you are on/off saddle when riding technical singletrack (my fav). Don't know if its due to these shorts but I'm riding faster (lap times).

Product code: E8029BK

Similar Products Used:   Hoss Ponderosa (they went out of biz)

Bike Setup:   Double squish carbon with a WTB Devo saddle.

Submitted by sasquatch rides a SS a Weekend Warrior from United States

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2012

Strengths:    Very lightweight, Breathable, Thin but protective, Liner is of great quality, zipper pockets, stay put and don't ride up/fall down/get in the way

Weaknesses:    None that I can recall

Bottom Line:
Very nice and comfortable fitting shorts. They breathe well and feel very cool while riding. If you happen to get these shorts wet on a creek crossing or if you have a leaky CamelBak like I did you will be surprised how quickly they dry while you're riding. The pockets are nice and the removable liner is great too, especially for washing. These shorts have a nice built-in belt with a plastic buckle that stays put and does not loosen on long rides as well as a button/zipper combo just like regular shorts. They clean up very nicely, I bought the light grey pair, because the shop was out of stock in black (I am glad I got the grey because they aren't as hot as black shorts in the sun) and after a full season of riding they have no stains, rips or tears on them. I will definitely reccommend these to anyone looking for a pair of riding shorts. The price may run you away at first, but if you think of the hours upon hours you will be using them and the amount of ass aches you will save yourself they are definitely worth it.

Purchased At:   Local Bike Shop

Submitted by donutboy a Cross Country Rider from white salmon, WA

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2010

Strengths:    weight, chamois quality, zipper pockets, breathability

Weaknesses:    non

Bottom Line:
These blow my Fox shorts away. I wore 'em all summer and they are my go to shorts in the fall. I have to get the Humvee full weight next. Bomber for when the temps are high. I like the pockets, the belt could use a little work, but it's a light weight short...so hey.

Favorite Trail:   Falls Creek Falls