Cannondale Table Top Shorts Shorts

Submitted by Ed a Cross Country Rider from Warren, MI, U.S.

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2003

Strengths:    Well, I just recieved these from STP. So far the only thing these shorts have going for them was the cheap price and they also look good - like an everyday baggy short.

Weaknesses:    The outer shell material does not seem like it will hold up to hard use. The inner short is made out of Lycra with the most a thin almost non-existant pad. There are no leg grippers on the short. When I put the short on it just feels like the inner liner and pad just hang down in the short. I think these shorts retail for $56 - if I paid this I would definately feel ripped off. I think you are basically paying for teh cannondale name with these shorts.

Bottom Line:
I bought 2 pairs of these (M) because of the good price. I will probably keep one pair and send the other back. If the pair I keep does not work out for riding I will just cut out the liner and use for casual wear or just put on a pair of lycra tighties underneath. Two chili's for value but 1 chili for overall.

Purchased At:   Sierra Trading Post

Similar Products Used:   Nike ACG and Fox High Frequency. The Table top shorts do not even come close to the Nike or the Fox.

Bike Setup:   Cannondale F700