Canari Canyon Gel Shorts

Canaris GEL pad uses a revolutionaryTechnologyThat has continuedTo provide uncompromised performance while maintaining flawless function. GEL will virtually eliminate unwanted nerve stress, moderate saddle pressure, and absorb road shock and abrasion. 100% Polyester shell Nylon/spandex blend liner w/ Gel padding 2 side pockets 1 leg pocket with velcro closure elastic waistband with drawstring Sizing guide (waist in inches): S: 28-30 M: 30-32 L: 32-34 XL: 36-38 XXL: 40-42

Submitted by bhlass

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2013

Strengths:    very comfortable, side pocket excellent for carrying ID, car remote, and phone.

Weaknesses:    poor construction

Bottom Line:
I bought these shorts because they seemed to be well made with good padding. The problem is that I've ridden with these shorts I'd say around 24 times. My rides are short duration, 1 hr at the most, as I'm getting back into riding after many long years of raising kids. I've had two or three minor falls and one major one, so it's not as if they've taken a super beating. I've washed them maybe four times and air dryed them. After my last fall which kept me off the bike for a couple of months, I noticed that the stitching around the hem and waist was coming apart. Well crap!

Canari's website says they have a lifetime warranty, just take it back to the store. Yeah right, who keeps reciepts for a $50-60 pair of shorts for more than a few months. We'll see what happens when I try to take them back. I have my doubts.... A little better quality and I probably would've given them 4 or 5 stars. Sorry Canari.