Home | Reviews | Shorts | Boure

Boure Men's PRO ELITE Shorts Shorts

This premier bicycling short features heavyweight 8-oz. PRO ELITE nylon/lycra®, ENHANCED 8-PANEL design, and AirTech® Campione chamois to provide unparalleled support and comfort for the most demanding rides.

Submitted by tsd a Cross Country Rider from Hinton, Alberta, Canada

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2008

Strengths:    These shorts fit perfect. They are very comfortable and help make a long day in the saddle more enjoyable. The best I've tried.

Bottom Line:
I have the pro and the elite shorts and I would recommend them both.

Favorite Trail:   Adrenalin

Purchased At:   Boure' - on line

Similar Products Used:   suigo

Bike Setup:   Devinci 'Dragon Fly'. XT components

Submitted by Michael a Cross Country Rider from N. Augusta, SC USA

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2006

Strengths:    These shorts are almost invisible. They feel awesome, and once you start riding, you don't think about them. Additionally, they are probably the only shorts that actually fit the size they advertise: i.e. a L is a L, a M is actually a real-world M.

The chamois is very comfortable. These shorts are the first I have tried in the past five years that I would put on par with Volers from Velowear.

Bottom Line:
I love the fit and feel of these shorts. I have recommended them to numerous friends, and at least two have ordered them. If you are a larger rider, keep in mind that an XL in these actually mean XL, not some skinny Tour de France racer after 12 days on the bike...

Favorite Trail:   FATS

Purchased At:   Boure'

Similar Products Used:   I have probably tried over a dozen types of lycra shorts in the past two years alone. I always went back to my my Volers until I tried these.

Submitted by c88 a Weekend Warrior from bristow

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2005

Strengths:    Fit, comfort, price, made in USA, no ridiculous graphics

Bottom Line:
Was really happy to find this company, I think it's great that there's a small, made-in-the-usa oufit making these high quality duds.

I bought the pro shorts and elite knickers. Haven't gotten to use the knickers yet, but have logged in quite a few miles on the shorts already. Definitely great fit, I don't even notice I'm wearing them. The chamois is very substantial as well, without being bulky in any way. Without sounding silly, I think these are the most comfortable shorts I've used. From just sporting them around the house, the knickers seem to fit just as well, maybe I can give more input on them when the cold weather sets in.

While these certainly aren't cheap, I would say they are much cheaper than comparable high-end pearl izumi stuff. The quality of construction is quite high. Boure has lots of jerseys, underwear and other stuff as well, check out their website and support these guys

Similar Products Used:   Various pearl izumi, nike

Submitted by Stimmer a Cross Country Rider from Watertown

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2002

Strengths:    Top quality design, materials, craftsmanship and customer service..

Weaknesses:    Nope.

Bottom Line:
Exceptional product from an exceptional small company.

I happened upon this company several years ago from a write up in a local cycling newsletter type things.....author mentioned he had used these shorts, blah, blah, blah....next thing I know I bought my first Pro shorts.

Cool company, headed by Drew B. himself, and somehow partnered with Ned O. I have had nothing short of positive, polite interactions with this outfit, great sales and customer service...

The shorts themselves are awesome (I have both the Pro and Elite model...I prefer the Pro, just personal fit/feel). The cut is like no other - well articulated, it feels like nothin' when riding. Top-quality chamois....I haven't had a sore since I started using them. Pros work great underneath tights, especially drew thermal bib tight.

They are pricey, but compared to others in the $70+ range these shorts have no equals for me. For me, this is like my CK headset.....it just stands apart - a must have mtb item.

Favorite Trail:   wampatuck

Purchased At:   www.boure.com

Similar Products Used:   Bell, Pearl, etc, etc...

Bike Setup:   full suspension with an flite saddle....what else do you need to know?

Submitted by Danny Aliperti a Cross Country Rider from Sao Paulo, Brazil

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2000

Strengths:    Designed by Ned Overend and Drew Bouré (two great guys)
Great design and materials
Long lasting

Bottom Line:
Although this is a review for the Elite model, I would like to mention my all time favorite, the PRO model. It has great padding, fabric and cut.
It beats the Elite, in my opinion...and it's cheaper to boot.
Their stuff is designed by master Ned Overend and Drew Bouré, who is a taylor, so we have people who know what they're doing. Plus they're made in beautiful Durango, which brings a good vibe with all pieces!

Favorite Trail:   porcupine rim

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi, Castelli, Giordana, Descente, Aussie, Santini.