Bellwether 455 Backbone Baggy Short Shorts

Uncompromised design and function in this all around baggy short. The Taslan® Nylon outer shell has unsurpassed durability and moisture transfer while our gusseted design removes any unwanted seams underneath the chamois area. Mesh under short is extremely ventilated and comfortable.

Submitted by Christian a Weekend Warrior from Queen Creek, AZ

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2006

Strengths:    Comfortably and Durable

Bottom Line:
These are by far the best riding shorts I have ever owned. They are super comfortable and super durable. I have taken many spills that have torn or snagged or at least stained every other article of clothing I was wearing, these come out of the washer looking brand new everytime. Even here in the land of cacti they will not snag, even the cholla won't stick and they cling to everything. My only problem is I only have one pair and I can't find them anywhere else, but when I do I'm going to get a pair in every color, it gets embarassing wearing the same pair if I'm riding consecutive days. No zipper, but that would probably take effect the comfort anyway I can just pull down for those trailside stops. The cargo pockets and the zipper pocket are a huge bonus for keeping smaller items secure and close at hand. I love these shorts. Bomb proof and comfortable.

Favorite Trail:   All the trails back home in Orange County, CA

Purchased At:   Supergo

Similar Products Used:   Zoic, Performance, Specialized

Bike Setup:   '05 Kona Dawg Dee Lux

Submitted by Liam Carey a Weekend Warrior from Boone, NC

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2004

Strengths:    Antibacterial synthetic chamois padding, good leg grippers on the elastic.

Weaknesses:    Durability, features for price

Bottom Line:
Bought these a couple of days ago at the LBS. Drawstring at the waist snapped after 2 rides, now shorts are too loose to wear when riding. They were otherwise pretty comfy but who gives a crap? I'm not waiting to see what else tears or snaps after some more rides. For the same $ I'd go with the primal baggies. These have seams all through the chamois (though they're pretty flat. I didn't notice any comfort issues), are only 2-ply on the nylon, and didn't look all that great (small concern, but while I'm airing all my complaints, I'll include the minor ones)

Favorite Trail:   Yancey's Ridge