Home | Reviews | Shoes | Time

Time MXT Shoes

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

• Polyamide sole
  • 100% compatible Thermoformed removable insole
  • Maximized surface area of mesh for optimum ventilation
  • Frontal side vents
  • Padded inner tongue provides comfort and protects the foot

Submitted by Van-Go a Weekend Warrior from Wilmington, NC, US

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2009

Strengths:    Stiff sole but can walk in them. Cool in the summer. Dry fast when wet. Comfortable. Tough. Cheap.

Weaknesses:    Sorta ugly to me. Cleat screw back out a lot but might just be mine. I wouldn't want to hike overly far in them.

Bottom Line:
I got these shoes almost 3 years ago so I could clip in. I didn't want to commit a lot of money to it b/c I wasn't sure if I'd like it. I got these shoes on the cheap and expected I'd be replacing them within a year. I ride about 2-3 times per week and I can't kill these things. They've been with me all over the place and since I'm on a SS I've had to walk up a few hills in them. They keep hanging on. Great shoe for the money.

Favorite Trail:   Blue Clay / FATS

Purchased At:   Nashbar

Bike Setup:   Haro Mary 29er SS/Rigid

Submitted by ultrarnr a Cross Country Rider from Sonoran Desert, AZ USA

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2008

Strengths:    Good fit, well ventilated and stiff sole. Walking is easier than in road shoes. Comfortable even on Century rides.

Weaknesses:    Not a winter shoe.

Bottom Line:
Dog ate my expensive Shimano road shoes. I replaced with Time MXT and went with mtb pedals on both bikes. Shoes work great. Stiff sole provides excellent power transfer. Might have a bit too much ventilation for winter but, wonderful for hot summer rides in the desert. Comfortable on long rides.

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Nashbar brand shoe.

Bike Setup:   Felt F25 road and Kinley SX Pro mtb. XT and 540 pedals respectively.

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!