Home | Reviews | Shoes | Teva

Teva Links Shoes

4.2/5 (5 Reviews)

With input from Jeff Lenosky, Teva enters the mountain bike game with the purpose-built Links freeride Shoe. Durable, supportive construction, combined with Teva's extensive shoe technologies and input from serous riders has resulted in a shoe that's ready to tackle gnarly mountain bike conditions.On-mask technology prevents materials from absorbing water on a molecular level to keep your feet dry and comfortableBlended polyurethane and EVA heel cup transfers impact energy from the heel to the footbed to avoid injurySpider365 rubber is optimized for traction on the pedals and off for secure riding and portagingMush liner wicks moisture and is breathable for on-the-bike comfort

Teva Links Shoes Pro Review

The Teva Links Freeride Mountain Bike shoe doesn’t look like a mountain bike shoe — and that is a great thing. Instead, it takes styling from skate shoes, with oodles of performance packed in for when you need it. It isn’t the grippiest shoe intended for use with platforms, but this is why I like this shoe so much. Continue reading →

Submitted by silentG a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2014

Strengths:    Light, comfortable, nearly the same grip as 5.10 Impact Lo. Works well with hike a bike, dries quickly when crossing streams, and less bulky than 5.10 Impact. Can be found for less $$$ than 5.10. normal skate shoe type looks. Very durable upper and lower and a number of nice finishing touches on the shoe give it a real quality build feel. Extra set of laces included if that gets your stoke going.

Weaknesses:    Teva is bailing out of the market which is unfortunate. Takes a few rides to bed in as far as grip goes. Some of the color choices offered by Teva for the Links are not everyone's cup of tea

Bottom Line:
I have used a pair of 5.10 Impact Lo for several years and I really like them. My Impacts are getting tired and I didn't want to fork out a wad of cash for some Impacts that weren't fugry (that's right). I found a pair of new Links on Pinkbike and decided to give them a shot as they were half the cost of new 5.10 Impacts.

My first impressions of the Links is that they are much lighter than the Impacts and comfortable...comfortable enough that I figured that they would be fine for wearing around as regular shoes if they didn't work out the way I wanted on the trail.

At first the Links were a little bit slippy. After a week or two of riding the grip became really consistent and I don't really think 'Wish I was wearing my Impacts' when I'm riding.

I'm using Deity Compound nylon/plastic pedals with stock pins and the grip is good and comfortable so I never have the sense of having to lift my foot to re-position or feeling stuck to the pedals.

Wear to the shoes is minimal from my pedals.

The overall feel from the Links is like a set of Impacts that has been broken in for 6 months or so. Not super velcro like grip but comfortable and sure grip when you need it.

I have high arches and a wide forefoot and I found the Links to be true to size compared to other shoes I own and the Links are not too narrow for someone with a wide foot like me.

The big question I'm always looking to be answered in a review is a sense for whether or not someone would make the same product choice again knowing what they know now after using the product for some time.

In the case of the Links I am happy I decided to give them a shot and while I still have my tried and true Impacts I haven't gone back to them since I picked up this shoe.

If you see a good deal on Links through the spring of 2014 (production is supposed to stop after this) I wouldn't hesitate to pickup a pair.

Purchased At:   Pinkbike

Similar Products Used:   5.10 Impact Lo

Submitted by Loveriding a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2013

Strengths:    Enjoy my flat pedals on road and mountain bikes. These shoes are super comfy yet stiff so they can take a beating. They hold to my pedals pretty well. I love that I can wear them around and not have to think about packing another pair of shoes to hit the trails hard. Got a great deal on amazon on them so I am we'll pleased.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
Find a good deal on line for these and give them a whirl. It has worked out really well in my situation. Amazon free shipping helps too!

Duration Product Used:   Month so far

Purchased At:   Amazon

Submitted by wsmac a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2012

Strengths:    Comfort and stickiness are the two major strengths for me. I wear size 13-14 EE and these shoes fit my feet extremely well. I was able to ride this weekend with a broken small toe on one foot and still make a couple of rides down Mt. Ashland's Super D course. I have the purple shoes and have grown accustomed to the look. The only cleaning I've done to these shoes so far is a simple hosing off while wearing them after a ride and cleaning off the bike.
The one issue I have with them is the sole. They're sticky, to be sure they're the best shoes I've used for flats so far, but the design allows the soles to get chewed up riding flats with serious pins. I ride with Answer Roves pedals.
I'm looking forward to trying the mid's soon.

Weaknesses:    The soles are soft enough, and the design such that the pins on my flats are chewing away at them.

Bottom Line:
These are shoes that are made for running flats, sticking to the pedals, and feeling comfortable in for the ride and afterwards. I hope they change the soles enough so they last longer than one season. I can live with the purple color and the fat laces.

Favorite Trail:   Paradise Royale

Purchased At:   TEVA

Submitted by netcrodriguez a Weekend Warrior from Whittier

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2011

Strengths:    Very comfortable. Provide lots of protection.

Weaknesses:    They don't have a brownish (hiking shoe style) option. I'm not used to the bright colors...

Bottom Line:
Go get 'em. Who cares if you don't like the yellow laces, they come with an alternate set of grey.

Favorite Trail:   Turnbull Canyon

Purchased At:   teva.com

Bike Setup:   Giant Trance X2 - 2011 - Stock

Submitted by switchbaxr a Downhiller from San Jose

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2011

Strengths:    Outstanding grip on flat pedals with all-weather construction.

Weaknesses:    Not available in wide sizes.

Bottom Line:
These are great shoes both on and off the bike and excel in harsh and wet conditions. After having received the shoes just prior to my weeklong vacation, I decided that they were gonna be my go-to travel/downhill shoe for my journey to Whistler, B.C. in the summer of 2011.

Strengths:
Great construction
Comfy and snug like a foot glove feel.
Excellent traction - The real highlight is that the Spider 365 soles grabbed the traction pins on my flat pedals like crazy glue on bare skin, yet allowed for quick repositioning while bombing down A-line at Whistler. Amidst rain and goopy mud, I was able to get set up properly for takeoffs on jumps and once the landing gears wear down, landings felt sure footed even in the wet. Also, during the morning downpour my feet remained dry and comfy so I felt I really put weather proof claims to the test.

Cons:
Not a big fan of purple, but I disklike neon trim even more. These kicks definitely stand out in a sea of Vans and Five Tens, but the performance far outweighs the knock on color...these kicks are worthy of downhill royalty.

Not recommended for wide feet out of the gate, but they do eventually yield enough to be comfy.

Favorite Trail:   Braille Trail