Specialized BG Trail 110 Shoes

Weight : 810 grams

• 3/4 cuff ankle
  • Lightweight nylon sole
  • Hard molded toe kick protector
  • Engineered Micromatrix upper
  • Welded reinforcement in high wear panels
  • 2-bolt SPD-style cleat pattern

Submitted by Mart

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2013

Strengths:    Got them already more than one year and they are perfect. For fitment one of the best shoes i have ever had. Good grip while walking.

Weaknesses:    Cleat adjustment (in one or the other way i'm still adjusting the cleats) Hard to find / sell.

Bottom Line:
Perfect shoes, Lot of anckle protection,

Submitted by luke23 a Downhiller from Ladera Ranch, CA

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2009

Strengths:    Pretty light for the amount of protection.

Weaknesses:    The quality of the sole is terrible.

Bottom Line:
These shoes, while they are pretty damn light, wear out too fast. I do some fair amount of hike-a-bikes and these are the worst shoes for that by far. I took my first pair back to RNR and they swapped them out no questions asked. Now my second pair, after 4 months, are falling apart again. I am going to contact Specialized this time and see what the have to say. I have heard great things about Specialized customer support so we'll see. Keep ya posted.

Favorite Trail:   Telonics

Purchased At:   Rock N' Road

Similar Products Used:   Sidi, BG sport, Vans.

Submitted by Bunjinjohn a Weekend Warrior from SoCal

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2009

Strengths:    Confortable, good protection

Weaknesses:    Weak construction and materials

Bottom Line:
This shoe seemed like a good alternative to the Sidis that I was tearing up too quickly riding technical rocky trails. Too bad. The first weekend I wore these, I almost tore a heel pad off the sole. I glued it back in place and continued to have to do that four more times before it finally disappeared. Other pads continue to peel off and have had to be glued back on. Makes it a little hard to walk when you have to.

It's such a shame because these shoes work so well otherwise. They weigh barely more than Sidis, but provide a lot more protection. The scuff pads are showing some wear, but considering the stuff I like to ride, not excessive.

I'm disappointed. These are far better than their really awful predecessors, but at this rate, Having to buy a new pair every six months, I might as well go back to Sidis.

Similar Products Used:   Sidi and previous version of this shoe

Bike Setup:   Which one?

Submitted by Heywood JaBlowme a Weekend Warrior from New York

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2008

Strengths:    Comfy, breaks in fast, nice secure fit. Toebox area seems roomier than Sidis, Ankle protection

Weaknesses:    None. Well, I had trouble putting on one of the studs, so I said the heck with it; I've never used them on any other show

Bottom Line:
Recommended.
Breaks in immediately
Nice Ankel Protection for those "whoops" moments
Can't say if they are not as stiff as the $100 more Carbon soled version, but that smacks as overkill to me
Feel as stiff as the SIDI's, though racer types might disagree. Not a noticable weight difference, but this is from someone not setting any land speed records, particularly with hauling around a Nicolai TFR as a trail bike.
Work well with Time Z-Controls, no clearance issues clipping in or out

Favorite Trail:   OnesWithDirt

Purchased At:   Somewhaere Online

Similar Products Used:   Sidi Dominators, which I purchased like 7 years ago and still going strong

Bike Setup:   Nicolai TFR, Z Control Pedals, other choice parts- like a Cadillac...fast when it gets moving, takes time to get there, built solid

Anybody riding with or have ridden Specialized BG Trail 110 shoes???

Like 'em or not? I like the idea of the ankle support and the ankle protection but wonder if riding a high topped cycling shoe would be comfortable or not? Too much rubbing? [url]http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=40480&eid=342[/url]Read More »

Anybody riding with or have ridden BG Trail 110 shoes???

Like 'em or not? I like the idea of the ankle support and the ankle protection but wonder if riding a high topped cycling shoe would be comfortable or not? Too much rubbing?Read More »