Specialized 04 Sonoma Womens Shoe Shoes

Women specific version of our Sonoma Shoe. Designed to be a stylish, comfortable and walkable bike shoe. It''s packed with enough serious cycling features to handle a range of cycling activities from spinning classes to full century rides. If you''ve compromised and bought mountain bike shoes in the past to get a comfortable shoe you can walk in, then this is the shoe you have been looking for.

Submitted by Lisa a Cross Country Rider from SLC, UT

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2004

Strengths:    These are easy to walk in, have neutral colors and they feel great on my feet! I walked around the house all day and forgot I had them on. They are pretty light compared to my old Axo shoes.

Weaknesses:    Loss of power? The soles are pretty stiff but not as stiff as my old Axo shoes but I like how easy they are to walk in. The guy at the shop said they are casual road bike shoes. They fit my SPD cleats really well but I don't think they would work at all with Look/Time/Speedplay.

Bottom Line:
These are sold as casual road bike shoes but I use them for both. I ride around Salt Lake Valley on my Allez and have mildly used these around the snowy, muddy Bonneville Shoreline Trail. I really LOVE how comfy these are to walk in. I like it that my SPD cleats don't scratch my floor. I guess the only thing my husband tells me is that I lose a little power due to the flex. I can't tell when I ride and it's worth it for how comfy they are. If you are more picky about walking and comfort than super stiff soles these shoes would be great for you! Any Look, Time or Speedplay fans should avoid these shoes. Because they are geared toward the road it is easy to slip when walking in the snow and mud. If you are going to be hiking and biking I don't think these would be good because there is very little tread. The laces are annoying when dirty.

Recommended: To fitness road bikers and possibly mild cross-country mountain bikers. Also to women that don't mind laces.

Not recommended: For Look, Time or Speedplay fans or hardcore bikers and hikers. These are not mountain bike shoes! I would call them fitness shoes.

I HAVE RATED THEM AS MOUTAIN BIKING SHOES. 3 in value because for $60 they don't have mountain biking tread on them and the laces get dirty quickly. They are only average mountain biking shoes.

Favorite Trail:   Squaw Peak