SixSixOne Flight Shoes

4.33/5 (6 Reviews)

SIXSIXONE Flight MTB Cycling Shoe '08 is a lightweight premium level SPD race shoe. Mated to 2 velcro straps and a ratcheting strap to ensure tight fit. Aggressive outsole and stiff midsole for terrain grip and max power transfer.

Submitted by dfrnt a Weekend Warrior from Seatte

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2011

Strengths:    Good warranty Service through 661

Weaknesses:    Broken Buckle X3
Broken Strap X2
Tread wore out pretty quick

Bottom Line:
OK shoe for the money. You definately get what you pay for. I've ridden in these things now for a couple of years and they're totally beat to hell. They held up OK. Shreaded all the tread and blew out the right foot toe. I broke the buckle 3 times and had to send for another. I also broke a strap a few months into having them and 661 warranted them with no issues. Overall, there just OK. My advice would be to look for a better quality shoe that is on sale for about the same price as these.

Favorite Trail:   Upper/Lower Joy Ride

Purchased At:   661

Submitted by Frs1661 a Cross Country Rider from State College, PA

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2010

Strengths:    Comfortable enough. Ratchet retention system works well.

Weaknesses:    After less than a year of use (albeit heavy use) they are completely thrashed. Tears in the toe, lugs are missing from the tread, etc.

Bottom Line:
Decent shoes for the price for light users, but serious riders should consider spending a little more on something more durable.

Submitted by lisaped a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2010

Strengths:    Superb fit on my feet which are wide and always difficult to find proper shoes to wear. I tried Shimano, North Wave, Merida before 661. The latest are perfect both in comfort and riding function.

Weaknesses:    I wear European 45 or 45.5. My 661 shoes are 46 marked so I was lucky not to buy them online in 45 otherwise they'd be small. Here 661 designers are complete dicks just like all other brands whose actual fit and marking differ. All shoes I tried differed in that.

Bottom Line:
I wonder how long they will last but if I knew they last long I'd buy one more pair to use it after the 1st one died.

Submitted by xtraordinary a Weekend Warrior from Jakarta, Indonesia

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2010

Strengths:    Comfort and Cheap

Bottom Line:
Love it! Cheap and very comfortable. Compared to my previous shoes, this shoes grip better in all conditions. Bottom part of the shoes are stiffer than my previous, makes it more comfy when pedaling and distributing the energy / power directly to the pedal.

Purchased At:   local store

Similar Products Used:   Diadora, Exustar

Submitted by 757Driver a Cross Country Rider from Avondale,AZ

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2010

Strengths:    Comfortable! Comfortable!

Weaknesses:    After over a year I tore off the rubber toe grips or whatever you call them.

Bottom Line:
Great shoes. Super comfortable and wear very well. Used them for over a year and just as great to wear as the day I bought them. Love these shoes. Much better than the Pearls and better than Specialized. They are like wear a pair of tennis shoes. Only trouble is I finally tore off some of the rubber toe grips in the rocky desert.
Also they fit a little big. I got a 43 and my Specialized and Pearls were the same but these are a little big. I would suggest one size smaller if you get online.

Favorite Trail:   Estrella Competitive Loop

Purchased At:   Online Don't remembe

Similar Products Used:   Specialized BG shoes and Pearl Izumi (Not sure of the model)

Submitted by jeffkenn a Racer from Colorado Springs

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2008

Strengths:    Very comfortable

Weaknesses:    Havent found any

Bottom Line:
These are great shoes for the money. I replaced my old Sidi with these and will say they are a bit lighter and also a bit more comfortable.

Favorite Trail:   Falcon