SixSixOne Expert Shoes Shoes

3.75/5 (12 Reviews)

The SIXSIXONE Expert MTB Cycling Shoe offers race performance and comfort at an entry level price. A perfect choice for competitive cyclists who destroy the competition, but haven't gotten their oversized check yet.

Submitted by Daniel Vazquez a Weekend Warrior from San Diego, California

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2007

Strengths:    They look and perform well, they fit properly, little bit narrow first day but after tested I think they adjusted (or my foot did) perfect.

Weaknesses:    Rubber solid sole, I had to step over some rocks and a wood fence, almost killed myself they are worst over rocks than skates.

Bottom Line:
I will recommend these to people wich will go on "soft" trails, if your trails have lots of rocks, this shoes are not for you.

Favorite Trail:   La Mision

Purchased At:   www.freitasbikes.com

Similar Products Used:   None, this are my first clipless shoes.

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher Tassajara 2006 with Shimano PD M 520 Clipless pedals and cleats

Submitted by mark b. a Weekend Warrior from fort wayne, in,usa

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2007

Strengths:    ventilation, secure fit, durability

Weaknesses:    a little narrow

Bottom Line:
saw some other comments about difficulty to walk in, and fast sole wear -- well, it took three years for mine to wear out, and there was one day when i rode to work and forget my street shoes -- had to wear the 661's all day. only a little stiffness in the calves after nine hours, OK? but, after three years, the uppers are coming apart, too. velcro lower straps started to separate last year, but shoes still held up. GOOD SHOES!!

Favorite Trail:   the next one

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   1st pair clipless

Bike Setup:   2 different ones

Submitted by Adam Z a Weekend Warrior from Concord CA

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2006

Strengths:    Cooling, looks, weight, fit

Weaknesses:    The treads wore down so fast.

Bottom Line:
If you have "non-hobbit" or narrow feet these are perfect. I wouldn't recomend for people with large feet. They fit so perfect on me however and I will buy these again when they wear down a little more.

Similar Products Used:   First pair of MTB shoes

Bike Setup:   Iron Horse with Azonic handlebar and Fox fork

Submitted by Andrew a Cross Country Rider from Orange, CT

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2006

Strengths:    nice design, very ventilated, comfortable

Weaknesses:    treads do not last long, uncomfortable walking around in them

Bottom Line:
these shoes were overall very comfortable. when i walk on the pavement tho, it gets unstable cuz the cleat extends farther than the rubber treads. the treads also wear down very fast; i think the pavement thears them up alot faster. simple 2 strap design. SPD compatible. if you plan to buy these shoes then get the 2006 model, they look alot better than the previous models. very nice look for doing XC, or if you just wanna have more control over your bike. these shoes cost about $30 now. very cheap for such a good shoe.

Similar Products Used:   none. this is my first pair of clipless shoes

Bike Setup:   custom, shwinn frame, marzocchi drop off, fox vanilla shock, Deore frivetrain, tektro IO discs

Submitted by Spencer a Cross Country Rider from Austin, Tx

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2006

Strengths:    I purchased these new off Craigslist, not a scratch on them.
These are cheap and they hold up as expected.

Weaknesses:    Hard to walk on trail terrain due to big rubber cleats. I rode on platforms for TWO rides and the soles totally chewed up. I am about to super-glue one of them before it gets too bad. In addition to that issue they arn't the most confortable shoe in the world, due to how narrow they are. If you have some kind of hobbit foot, look else where!

Bottom Line:
These are cheap if you are on a budget or if you find these as cheap as I did. Other wise don't bother...

Favorite Trail:   Austin Green Belt

Purchased At:   Craigslist

Similar Products Used:   N/A

Bike Setup:   04' RockHopper Comp w/ generic SPD pedals

Submitted by Amor a Cross Country Rider from San Diego, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2005

Strengths:    Strong, cheap and effective. They look fine to me and I have used them for almost two years of riding and they are still in good condition. When needed I will replace these with another pair or another 661 product. They work for me!

Bottom Line:
Just try them out. I'm sure that they are perfect for any normal mountain biker. If you perfer a more fancy setup then get something else. These are basic, efficient MTB shoes that perform and are reliable.

Purchased At:   Price point

Submitted by Daniel Cifuentes a Weekend Warrior from Costa Rica

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2005

Strengths:    Price, great for narrow feet like mine

Weaknesses:    2 velcro straps, looks (you don't look like a pro, but I'm not one, so?)

Bottom Line:
I needeed something to start to get in shape, and learn how to use cliplesss systems. For 40 bucks this shoes r stiff enough for you to transfer well your power. My feet are very narrow, so they fit great.

Maybe the luk will keep you away, but when you ride with these you forget you're riding clipless.

Love them, and completely recommend them for begginers like myself

Favorite Trail:   Turrialba/Florencia

Purchased At:   Bike & Friends (Cartago)

Similar Products Used:   First Clipless Shoes

Bike Setup:   Trek 3700, stock xcept 4 Wellgo pedals (normal pedals on one side, clipless on the other one)

Submitted by John Enlglish a Cross Country Rider from Birmingham, AL USA

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2004

Strengths:    Price, styling and rigidity make this a good value.

Weaknesses:    As another reviewer noted, I have a "normal" width foot and the shoes are too narrow in the toes for me.

Bottom Line:
The first pair of these I ordered (using Price Point's sizing chart) were so much too tight, I ordered the next largest size. They still felt snug but I wore them anyway (once, for an hour-long ride). My toes still hurt. Bottom line, as with all shoes, if these don't feel good when you put them on, look elsewhere. I'm not sure that I can get a pair big enought to feel right. I had real reservations about ordering shoes online and this experience confirms my fears. I'm lucky it was a $40 lesson and not a $100 one.

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Specialized MTB shoes.

Submitted by Justin a Cross Country Rider from Waco Texas

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2004

Strengths:    I think they look badass... They are very comfortable, and they keep my feet cool with the big toe vent area. The hard toe area helps a lot when you ride through thorny vines and crap. Stiff in a good way. Dries out fast when wet

Weaknesses:    You cant walk in them for long if something goes wrong, but i guess thats the same with any clipless. Problems with the cleats rubbing on the welgo pedals.

Bottom Line:
This is a great bargan. It doesnt have that fancy racey look, but it does look like a hard ass real biker shoe that wont crap out on you when you need it, and it hasnt.

Purchased At:   Price Point Combo deal

Similar Products Used:   Toe Cage pedals... Cant use those ever again... this is much much better

Bike Setup:   First used on my timberline, and then switched over to the Stumpjumper, They are spd compatable, so other pedals work with the welgo cleat.

Submitted by Wes a Downhiller from San Juan Capistrano, Ca, USA

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2004

Strengths:    Great Material, Strong, Comfortable, Sturdy, Easy to put on, Looks goood, Its made by 661, Price

Weaknesses:    Where the top strap attaches to is sorta ripping, The sole comes out everytime i take them off.

Bottom Line:
Its a great shoe for its price and they look like there gunna last forever

Favorite Trail:   direct dial

Purchased At:   Switchback Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   Wellgo non-clipless shoes

Bike Setup:   03' Big Hit Comp w/ Jr Ts

Submitted by Scott a Weekend Warrior from Greensboro

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2004

Strengths:    great for someone my age(15) thats feet are still growing, comfortable

Weaknesses:    don't look to good and material isn't the best

Bottom Line:
These shoes are great for someone my age(15). My feet are still growing a little bit, so I don't need an expensive pair of shoes being that they aren't going to fit me too long. They are comfortable, but don't look all that great. The material isn't that good but you get what you pay for and I'll only be wearing them for about half a year. 4 chilis for value becuase the price is reasonable for the quality of the show and 4 for overall because of comfert but bad material.

Favorite Trail:   Owl's Roost