Home | Reviews | Shoes | Sidi

Sidi Winter Storm 3 Shoes

Weight : 740 grams MSRP : $230.00

• Outlast fabric temperature-control technology
  • Three-quarter boot upper
  • Billowed tongue for weather protection
  • Molded plastic heel cup
  • Self-cleaning tread

Submitted by John a Cross Country Rider from Portland

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2007

Strengths:    Fairly impervious to water once the cleat box was sealed with silicone gel.

Weaknesses:    Not a typical Sidi fit. If any shoe in their line should come in the Mega sizes, this is it.

Bottom Line:
It does what it was designed to do, but the fit is likely to be problem unless your feet tend toward the narrow side. I had to remove the insulated insole to make them fit even halfway decently, and I typically wear a neoprene overboot for warmth because there simply isn't room in the toe box for fluffy socks. If I had to do it all over again I think I would have just gotten a cheap wide shoe and gone with a waterproof liner and big socks.

Submitted by Wilby a Racer from Vancouver

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2006

Strengths:    Warmer and drier than mesh toes on my summer Sidis or Dom 5's I use on cooler 'shorts' days.

Weaknesses:    The sole of the Storm seems different than my other Sidis. I have tried 4 pairs of size 49 storm on and all are uncomfortable compared to the usual 'Sidi' fit from my Actions, Dominator 5's, Rampas and old DH boots (you know the cowboy style red disasters with chrome bash guards that look pimp as hell with lycra shorts at whistler).

Bottom Line:
They are slightly warmer and much drier than standard shoes, but dont fit right. The new Gore version for 07 should be interesting.

I wear a sidi 48 in every other Sidi I own. I purchased the 49 in a Storm and was surprised how tight is is in the toe box. I cannot fit extra socks or even thick socks without cramping my feet. I dont use the Mega in other Sidi so something is different about the fit in these shoes.

Favorite Trail:   Tarbell