Home | Reviews | Shoes | Sidi

Sidi Tork Shoes

Two Velcro straps and padded tongue for a comfortable fit. Competition sole. Optional toe spikes.

Submitted by elopez a Weekend Warrior from Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2011

Strengths:    Great fit, easy to clip and unclip with Crank Brothers pedals.

Weaknesses:    When the weather is hot, I could use a shoe with more ventilation. Not the most stable sole if you expect to walk a lot on cycling shoes.

Bottom Line:
These shoes fit really well, very comfortable. After using wide heel shoes, like the Specialized Ground Controls and the Shimano MT32, I felt the narrow heel of the Tork quite unstable while walking. Nevertheless, that sensation disappeared after a few weeks. Any way, I do not walk much on cycling shoes. These shoes engage and disengage easily from Crank Brothers pedals if you use the spacers included with the pedals. I slightly rub my feet against the crank arms, but the shoes do not show any damage yet. The two Velcro straps work fine for me, but I would like a bit more ventilation because I usually ride in hot weather. These shoes have no mesh, only scattered ventilation holes. I will purchase Sidi shoes again, but I will look for a more ventilated model.

Purchased At:   local store

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Ground Control, Shimano MT32

Bike Setup:   Felt Virtue 3,Crank Brothers Candy pedals

Submitted by Dave a Cross Country Rider from Boise

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2011

Strengths:    great fit, great price...if on sale.

Bottom Line:
I have owned a pair of dominators for a decade and love them.this shoe fits just as well,thought I would miss the buckel and only having two straps? a very good shoe at a great price..thanks Bike nashbar!

Favorite Trail:   obscure