Home | Reviews | Shoes | Sidi

Sidi Spider SRS Shoes

3.29/5 (7 Reviews)

Mountain bike shoes are often flash-free. In other words, you typically find lots of matte finishes in hues that either hide dirt or that look dirty to begin with. Sidi's Spider SRS Vernice Shoes bring some style back to off-road bootery. The first thing that you'll notice is the high-gloss...

Submitted by Kenneth Colbert a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2013

Strengths:    The fit and the wear is just great.

Bottom Line:
The fit is awesome and so is the look.I have no idea why some are having trouble with the sole of this shoe I have had mine over a year now and put well over 3000 miles on these shoes and there is very little wear. Walking in them is a little different but it's not a big deal to me.Would I buy these again damn right I would I love my SIDI Spider shoes.

Bike Setup:   Hand built my own Surly Big Dummy.I use Shimano XTR pedals only and I run 22,32,44t chainring with a 11-32 cassette and WTB tires.

Submitted by deano machineo

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2013

Strengths:    Nothing fits like a SIDI.

Weaknesses:    Soles wear FAST! Especially the toe.

Bottom Line:
I have worn SIDIs for over 20 years. The SRS system is a good idea but the toe and wears FAST and the the rest of the sole lasts a while. Be prepared to pay a lot of money for soles since you can't buy the toe by itself. Cost of ownership is high

Submitted by ArmySlowRdr

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2013

Strengths:    Looks, comfort, fit

Weaknesses:    Takes a few rides to gain the confidence to walk chunk.

Bottom Line:
I can't fathom what the other reviewers are talking about. I have noted no undue wear and the shoe is good looking, fits great and is comfortable and all at a fair price. Fantastic shoe.

Submitted by edbraunbeck a Cross Country Rider from Westerville, OH

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2011

Strengths:    Retaining system allows you tighten based on your liking and sock thickness.

Weaknesses:    They don't hold up to rock terrain very well. The soles barely lasted a year and two buckles has been replaced. The outer plastic membrane on the heal is pealing away.

Bottom Line:
I'm disappointed in them based on how much I paid for them and the money to put in them to keep them usable. As compared to the Sidi Giau, there's not a night and day difference which I'd expect.

Favorite Trail:   Bent Creek

Similar Products Used:   Sidi Giau - great value and I still use them for commuting and road riding.

Submitted by LightMiner a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2011

Strengths:    Incredible fit and all all around great shoe. Except for the weakness mentioned below - this is an almost perfect shoe.

Weaknesses:    The soles wear out in a month or so. What the heck? I got two replacements via warranty, but now I have to pay 60 bucks or whatever twice a season. This sucks. They need to offer a firmer sole.

Bottom Line:
Don't buy them until they offer a firmer sole option - or if you never walk your bike. If you don't walk up rocky sections, then fine, you'll do great, but if you do any walking in these at all, it will be 60 bucks every month or two.

Low value rating for sole only, I'll be happy to change them if they fix this issue.

Submitted by vavelo a Weekend Warrior from Des Moines, IA

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2010

Strengths:    Good looks. Great fit. Right balance between stiffness and flex for run ups.

Weaknesses:    Used for some mtn biking - treads are a little hard and slick on rocks.

Bottom Line:
Great shoes. Fit is awesome. Stiff in all the right spots. Durability seems good. Expensive.

Favorite Trail:   Cross Racing

Purchased At:   BikeBling

Similar Products Used:   Nike. Specialized.

Submitted by tommygunn a Weekend Warrior from denver, Colorado

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2010

Strengths:    comfortable, look pretty damn cool if you're a superficial faciast mtbr

Weaknesses:    durability of the replaceable treads

Bottom Line:
please please please! don't buy these shoes, the uppers are super cool sidi but the treads OMG, after 3 rides they're wearing off in chunks, these things must be as soft as a rubber eraser. i've ridden 75 miles in these shoes, and i road the bike 74 of those miles at least! so i haven't even walked a 1 single trail mile in these shoes and they're almost worn out on the toe treads. for a shoe that lists at $350 to be this fragile, replacement treads run $50 or so what the hell! even if they gave them away this seems to be a serious flaw in the shoe.

so my bottom line get the dominators or go w/ a shimano or specialized shoe these babies are for loox only.

Favorite Trail:   indian creek trail