Home | Reviews | Shoes | Sidi

Sidi Forest Shoes

Submitted by Lupe' a Weekend Warrior from NYC

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2003

Strengths:    Comfortable!

Weaknesses:    no where to keep laces

Bottom Line:
Some seriously comfortable shoes! I like them so much I left the clips off and wear them for regular shoes! I use these to ride trials with my flat pedals. Great shoe! I'd buy a second (backup) pair if I could find them at this price again!

Favorite Trail:   Van Cortlant Park

Purchased At:   Nashbar

Bike Setup:   Marin Rock Springs, Thompson, king
Specialized P2

Submitted by Dan a Weekend Warrior from Rochester, NY

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2002

Strengths:    Cheap, inconspicuous, comfortable, walkable/driveable, wide, sizing.

Weaknesses:    Sole is flexy. The laces that come with it are way too long and break quick.

Bottom Line:
They look like normal shoes, feel like normal shoes, but are really bike shoes.

The shoes are wide and allow a bit too much movement of my normal width feet while clipped in (however new insoles help a lot). They do have a good amount of flex in the soles which is very noticable while trying to sprint. However, I can walk around normally with them, making them perfect for commuting to class or work. For being real suede, they are holding up very well to being soaked by rain a few times.

My only real complaint is that the ventilation only adequate. On hot days, your feet may get a bit warm.

If you are looking for something to push very hard and spin extremely fast, this shoe will disappoint you. These are great commuting shoes. Now only if they made a shoe like this that would take road cleats.

Purchased At:   Performace

Similar Products Used:   Sidi Energy.

Submitted by Richard a Cross Country Rider from Indian Hills, CO USA

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2002

Strengths:    Great fit. I have a wide foot and its hard to find shoes that fit. These are not considered wide by the manufacturer but are wider than any other shoe I've found. Quality is typical SIDI, excellent.

Weaknesses:    For me, none

Bottom Line:
Maybe not a hardcore shoe, but for any rider with a wide or wider than medium foot give these a try.

Purchased At:   Performance