Shimano SH-M057 Shoes

High-performance off-road sport shoe that features high-cut upper of weather-proof polyurethane leather and nylon cloth. Double stitched for extra strength.

Submitted by David a Cross Country Rider from Wichita, KS.

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2000

Strengths:    Very Comfortable

Weaknesses:    Not quite stiff enough, weak soles

Bottom Line:
These were my first pair of spd shoes and I was very dissapointed. The sole is not made stiff enough. My first pair had a cleat tear right through the shoe two days after I had bought them. Shimano did replace them, and they have now lasted a year. They have too much flex, had to buy some 545 pedals to keep my feet from cramping. I have had to re-glue the soles on in quite a few places. Overall, for the money, buy a real biking shoe.

Favorite Trail:   Continental Divide trail CO.

Similar Products Used:   Sidi Dominato, Specialized comp mountain

Bike Setup:   Trek 820, Rock shocks Judy xc, rolf satelite

Submitted by Tom a Weekend Warrior from Williamsburg VA

Date Reviewed: May 29, 1999

Strengths:
stiffness, comfort, stability, out of the box and on the trails!!

Weaknesses:
price!! $100 (ouch!)

Bottom Line:
I just bought these shoes today and I love them already!! I literally went from the bike store, to my house, to the trail with these shoes. they were soooooo comfortable right out of the box, there is no break-in required! they are nice and stiff, and give a lot of stability. I was riding on shimano 545 pedals. The only downfall is the steep price. I'll review them again once I run them through the mill! the only reason I didn't give them a five rating is because I have not tested them in mud or the rough stuff yet.

less than 1 month