Shimano sh-M055 Shoes

4.4/5 (5 Reviews)

Probably one of the comfiest shoes Shimano had ever offered, these New in Box M055 shoes are a tourer's dream.

Submitted by Stu In Tokyo a Cross Country Rider from Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo-to, Japan

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2010

Strengths:    These shoes are easy to get on and off and the strap works well, the shoes can be laced in a variety of ways which makes them more comfortable

Weaknesses:    The toe area of the shoe is a bit tight, buy the next size up you usually take

Bottom Line:
Great shoes, I've had mine going on ten years, I did not use them much for about 7 of them ten years, and no off roading, but they are still in great shape, I'm glad I kept them!

Favorite Trail:   ashphalt

Purchased At:   Don't Remember

Bike Setup:   1988 Cannondale SM500, converted for street use

Submitted by louis a Cross Country Rider from gifu city japan

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2001

Strengths:    Great shoes no dramas except the rubber sole is cracking and im repairing as she goes,as i carnt buy shoes in japan im extending the life untill i go home to australia this year.im sure they dont make these great shoes any more,so whats out there these days thats as good as 055`s?

Weaknesses:    Dont lust for ever

Bottom Line:
these shoes are horn bag

Purchased At:   outside japan

Bike Setup:   Anchor custom made frame xc discs xt running gear

Submitted by Urbe a Cross Country Rider from Ljubljana

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2000

Strengths:    durability

Weaknesses:    they should warm my feet in cold weather, but they don't

Bottom Line:
I've been using them more than 3 years and they're my first cycling shoes ever. I'm glad that I bought them, because they prove to be durable, strong and long-lasting. In summer they keep my feet cool; in winter should be vice-versa, but it is not, although label says they do.
So I bought Airwalk Urban cycling shoes for the colder times.

Favorite Trail:   Baronova pot - Ljubelj

Bike Setup:   giant atx 950

Submitted by Gordon a Cross Country Rider from York

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2000

Strengths:    Excellent if you only want one pair of shoes for summer and winter riding.

Weaknesses:    I don't actually know of any

Bottom Line:
I've now worn these shoes for five years and finally they gave up the ghost when the sole finally gave way to the ever increasing amount of strain from my cleats! I would love another pair, but instead I've gone for the Diadora Yolo's cos they were on special!

Favorite Trail:   Dalby Red Route

Similar Products Used:   Diadora Yolo

Bike Setup:   Tange Prestiege XC WorkHorse...

Submitted by Ben Griggs a Cross-Country Rider from Green Bay, Wi-Frisco, CO

Date Reviewed: November 4, 1999

Strengths:
Awesome shoe. Great support and I like the traction while climbing with my bike on my shoulders.

Bottom Line:
The bottom line is stick with Shimano. I know this a slave Japanese company, but the best is the best. Sidi is crap and I'd never go back. For a shoe that is suppose to be the bomb sidis suck. I like my m055, for support and the looks aren't bad. I like the lightness and non rigidness of my shoes. I also used to ride soft bindings and boots, also very loose trucks, so take this is you must. I'll go 4 chilirinos.
peace.

Are you kidding? no divulging.

1 Year