Shimano SH M 320 Shoes

4.14/5 (7 Reviews)

A bullet proof off road racing shoe with molded elastomer X-O skeleton, polyester mesh upper, and non-loosening strap and buckle closures.

Submitted by Ross a Cross Country Rider from San Francisco

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2002

Strengths:    Good stiff shoe. You can get them cheep @ PricePoint.com

Weaknesses:    Narrow shoe. My feet have a tendency to go numb due.

Bottom Line:
I have a "D" foot and need to ride with these shoes pretty loose, otherwise my feet go numb. If you've got narrow feat, they are great shoes.

Similar Products Used:   Mutiple other shoes

Bike Setup:   Rocky Moutain Instinct w/ Shimano peadals

Submitted by Curt a Cross Country Rider from Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2002

Strengths:    Style, looks, stiffness.

Weaknesses:    No half sizes. I will eventually will have to replace them.

Bottom Line:
I already had a good pair of cycling shoes but they were'nt good for walking up muddy hills. I saw the Shimanos had the spikes, plus ,they looked cool. If you can find a pair on sale get them. They are very good cycling shoes. I also happened to get spare buckles at the time I bought the shoes, I did not want to get stuck without replacements when I needed them.

Favorite Trail:   Frick Park

Purchased At:   BikeTek

Similar Products Used:   Nike Poobahs.

Bike Setup:   2001 Stumpjumper M4 w/ goodies.

Submitted by Ben Wichterman from St. Cloud MN USA

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2002

Strengths:    Really tough and durable. They hold up well to trail abuse.

Weaknesses:    Sizes. I had to buy 43s because 44s were too big. Half sizes would be helpful for others like me in between sizes.

Bottom Line:
Great shoes especially for the price. They're really rugged and durable. If you have wider feet they might not be right for you because they get really narrow in the toes.

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Bike Setup:   2002 Gary Fisher Marlin, 2001 Time ATAC Alium pedals

Submitted by Paul a Cross Country Rider from Germany

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2002

Strengths:    Great Fit, so far super durable, look cool

Weaknesses:    I tend to catch the buckle on rocks and branches, etc. Nothing has happened yet, but I am a bit worried that I will ruin the shoe like this at some point. Now living over here in Germany, I do not know how easily I can find a replacement buckle. The shoe was damn expensive too. I received it as a gift though, so no pain to my wallet

Bottom Line:
If you are willing to spend the money, and like the looks, this could be your shoe. I don't know how they will fit wide feet, and haven't had them for all that long so I can't say that much about the durability. Yet, after 6 months of regular use, they have held up great, and I would definately buy them again. Plus, the cleats up front are great when lugging the bike on your sholder up slippery inclines. I give only 4 chilis though due to the high price. Get these with a discount if you can!

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Nike--used to swear by the Cairns, even though lots of people hated them. The Shimanos are great though!!!

Bike Setup:   Germans Extreme, RaceFace Prodigy, Manitou Mars Super, Mavic 618's, Magura Louse Disc, SRAM ESP 9.0 SL, Thomson Elite, Titec BigAl, Shimano PD-M959, Michelin Comp S Light, DT Swiss Hugi Disc Hubs, etc.

Submitted by your mother a Racer from mulletville

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2002

Strengths:    the ratchet system really works nice, it gets my feet nice and snug. nice and stiff too.

Bottom Line:
these are great shoes for anyone doing xc racing. i have time pedals, and they work awesome. i love these shoes. cant wait to use them next time i hop on my bike. get these shoes.

Favorite Trail:   dark hollow

Purchased At:   pricepoint.com

Similar Products Used:   specialized el gato

Bike Setup:   fsr comp with avid disc, xtr and a john deer seat baby!!!

Submitted by AL a Cross Country Rider from TOLLAND,CT.

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2002

Strengths:    I REALLY LIKE THE LOOKS OF THESE SHOES.THE RATCHET BUCKLE IS A HUGE IMPROVEMENT OVER MY OLD SIDI'S.THE HEEL CUP AREA HAS A GREAT DESIGN TO IT BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE TO PUT THE BUCKLE TIGHT TO HOLD YOUR FOOT IN.THE BUCKLE IS PROTECTED PARTIALLY BY A RAISED PORTION OF THE OUTER PLASTIC SOLE.THIS PREVENT'S SOME ROCK'S FROM HITTING AND OPENING THE BUCKLE.THAT WAS A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH MY SIDI'S.

Weaknesses:    I HAVE A SIZE 9 FOOT AND I'M WEARING A SIZE 43 SHOE.IT FIT'S A LITTLE TIGHT.THE SHOE SEEM'S TO RUN ON THE NARROW SIDE.I TRIED A SIZE 44 BUT IT WAS TO LONG.43.5 WOULD OF BEEN IDEAL BUT NONE IN STOCK.OTHERWISE I HAVE NOTHING NEGATIVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS SHOE.

Bottom Line:
I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE SHOE'S TO ANYONE BUT NOT IF YOU HAVE WIDE FEET.I DON'T AND MY TOE'S WERE A LITTLE TIGHT.I SWORE I WOULD NEVER BUY A PAIR OF SHOES AGAIN WITH A BUCKLE BUT I'M GLAD I BOUGHT THESE.THE SHOES EVEN COME WITH TOE SPIKES IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THEM.

Favorite Trail:   CASE MOUNTAIN

Purchased At:   PRICEPOINT

Similar Products Used:   AS MENTIONED, SIDI DOMINATORS.

Bike Setup:   STOCK 2002 CANNONDALE JEKYLL 1000 WITH TIME ATAC CARBON PEDALS.

Submitted by Don a Cross Country Rider from San Diego

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2001

Strengths:    Quality construction

Weaknesses:    Somewhat heavy.

Bottom Line:
Quality Shoe. It goes on and off easily and feels comfortable during long rides. The finish and fit are excellent. The ratchet buckle along with the 2 velcro enclosures insure a nice custom fit. I've only used 'em for a few months, but I am very pleased with them. I really can't think of anything negative to say about them.

Favorite Trail:   Daley Ranch, Escondido, CA