Shimano SH-AM45 Shoes

Take your pick between platform-style smoothness or get clicked-in with SPD.These shoes are designedTo make your next adventure ride so much better youll wish it never hadTo end. Features extra protection for aggressive off-roading. Designed for BMX, DH, Jumping, Urban Adventure, Freeride and on and on...   UPPER:Tough synthetic leather with raised rubber outsole for foot protection No-mesh upper keeps debris out; perforated upper maintains breathability Mid-top design for ankle protection LAST:

Submitted by Dr. Phil

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2012

Strengths:    Nice fitting, feel like tennis shoe when walking. Inside ankle well guarded, but not distracting.

Weaknesses:    As heavy as most SPD's I tried on.

Bottom Line:
First time with clipless. I admit I was a bit worried, just turning 46, but an old dog can learn new tricks. Tried on multiple shoe brands at LBS tent sale and was a 46 in all of them (11 -11.5 mens size). Took a chance and ordered these online and indeed I was a 46 (some reviews suggested the shoes are sized odd, but really don't see that at all). They're heavy like most SPDs, but feel more comfortable on my feet than the road style shoes with cleats on bottom. Come with SH-51, but I bought the SH-56 cleats to allow me to clip out by twisting either direction. Paired with XT PD-M785 pedals with easy spring tension adjustments with allen wrench. It's already WAY easier to get my tires off the ground. When you're my age you'll take every advantage you can get. Can't wait to pass my son on the uphill. Jenson online had the best prices.

Submitted by bayukresna a Downhiller from Cirebon, jawa barat, Indonesia

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2011

Strengths:    Got the AM45 and all I can say is they do everything they say they can do!!!,

I have wide feet and they fit like a glove plenty of room in the Toe Box area. The sole is plenty stiff enough and feels good on my DX pedals it also offers plenty of grip on the pedal cage in those tricky moments.

Gets my vote money well spent.

Weaknesses:    No cover for cleat...

Bottom Line:
Great shoes u must have.... with money value

Purchased At:   Extreme Bike Cirebon