Shimano M-035 Megagam Shoes

3.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Upper panels of Cordura nylon, and split leather are assembled with reinforced stitching. Classic lace and strap closure for a non-loosening fit. New tractor-pattern rubber soles provide plenty of grip on pavement or dirt.

Submitted by Shawn a Weekend Warrior from Wilmington, DE

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2003

Strengths:    Decent shoe, lasted a long time, very comfortable to walk around in.

Weaknesses:    Sole came apart after 4-5 years of regular usage - a little shoe goo fixed it again. Not the stiffest sole. Tread not very aggressive.

Bottom Line:
I bought these shoes shortly before a week long bike/hike w/the boy scouts. Very comfortable, especailly if you have to be in them all day. They lasted a long time I they usually only got cleaned with river water (with my feet in them and sometimes still attached to the bike!)

They did come apart, but shoe goo fixed them again. I replaced them because I couldn't get the cleats out anymore and I've switched up to Time pedals. (Besides, it's not pc to use a shimano shoe with time pedals, is it?)

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   PI Vagabonds

Bike Setup:   does it matter?

Submitted by Mike a Cross Country Rider from NY

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2000

Weaknesses:    too low cut, not comfortable, tread design sucks, not very durable.

Bottom Line:
These shoes suck! They cost way too much for their preformance. I've had them for 8 months and they are falling apart. The y are aweful in the winter mainly because they are so low cut. They have too thin of an insole so therefor they are't confortable. They might be fine if you aren't in them much and don't ride too often. They could also look a little better but that is the best part on them so I'm not gonna dis that.

Favorite Trail:   too many

Bike Setup:   backwoods, judy race, xt derailleurs, hellbent bar, shimano dx pedals.

Submitted by Bruce Graham a Weekend Warrior from Melbourne Australia

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2000

Strengths:
accomodating fit for people with big bones near toe. (long laced section compared to other shoes allows fit)

Bottom Line:
a great touring shoe. can go climbing, hiking and riding. While Shimano are generally considered to be a slightly narrow shoe, this has adjustability due to the long laced section. I am difficult to fit, due to big bones on the top of my feet as well as quite wide feet and these moulded to my odd shape beautifully.I just bought a second pair to put away for when these wear out. That will be a while yet as I've had the first pair for two years.If you have trouble with fit, try these.

2 Years

Submitted by Steve Jones a weekend warrior from Atlanta

Date Reviewed: May 14, 1998

Bottom Line:

These are the first SPD shoes I've ever owned. I've been riding for about 8 years, toe clips all the way. I must say I am impressed with the entire clipless system. These shoes have a nice aggressive tread pattern which offers great traction (Before I attached my cleats, I wore these to a softball game. I ran better than in my softball cleats!!). I especially like the reflective pull-tab on the back: Safe AND functional. If you or anyone you know are just getting started with Pedal, I highly recommend this shoe. Cost: $80