Shimano Groovasaurus SH-SD60 Shoes

4.5/5 (6 Reviews)

Shimano Groovasaurus SH-SD60

Submitted by Kevin a Weekend Warrior from Tempe, AZ

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2004

Strengths:    ventilation!!!!!, durability

Weaknesses:    dirty feet, occational rock stuck under your feet

Bottom Line:
A must have for long rides in hot climates. I keep waiting for something on them to give (as is the case with most of my other high end shimano products), but these things just keep begging for more punishment. as for walking they are very comfortable, but the clipless cleat gets in the way (-crunch - crunch - crunch-) on most surfaces. They have my highest recomendation.

Similar Products Used:   none on the market, at least that I'm aware of

Bike Setup:   '01 i-drive

Submitted by Pete Jones a Cross Country Rider from Keswick

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2000

Strengths:    Comfortable and cool (as in NOT hot)

Bottom Line:
Rode 2100+ miles across SE Asia wearing Shimano sandals continuously, up to 100 miles a day with no discomfort. Also fine for walking, and don't look conspicuous - great footwear, I just wish I had more chances to wear them in the UKs crappy climate!

Bike Setup:   Used with Time ATACs

Submitted by Aaron a Racer from Santiago, Chile

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2000

Strengths:
Sandals - duh.
Not too stiff.

Weaknesses:
A little pricey, but nothing compared to some $200+ bike shoes

Bottom Line:
I love these. Love them! They are the best! Worth every peso. Here it's hot about six months of the year and I commute all year and hate to have to bring sandals and a pair of shoes to ride. This does it all.
They look pretty good; no whacked florescent Euro styling so you can wear these casual and no one knows otherwise.
I cannot say enough about the soft sole. Finally someone got a clue. It sucks to walk around with stiff soles. Your cleats scrap everything and it's uncomfortable. They are stiffer than normal but not too much than you cannot walk correctly. A wonderful balance.
These are not off road shoes - duh. No protection. But for commuting and kicking around they are best. Highly recommended.

1 Year

None.

Time ATACs

Submitted by Mike Young a cross-country rider from Perth, Western Australia

Date Reviewed: February 21, 1999

Bottom Line:

I use one of my bikes for commuting ~ 40 km per day. I have had a pair of these beuties for about 3 months and haven't been out of them!! I love 'em!
Firstly, they are thin so they fit my feet nicely. Fat footed freaks beware!
Secondly, they are groovy looking and fit in well at a barbie or the beach without question.
Thirdly, and most importantly they are cool. I mean not hot; which means that for commuting here in summer, the cool breeze tickles my toes and keeps the nasty stink bugs away from my feet.
They are not as good in the cleat as a proper spd shoe but then you shouldn't expect them to be, they're sandles!
Recommended to all. As for off road use, DON'T GO THERE. ouch.

Submitted by MARKCEF a weekend warrior from Malaysia

Date Reviewed: September 18, 1998

Bottom Line:

Grabbed a pair 'bout a week ago... costs quite a BOMB! However, the design and color combination gives you the best casual MTB apparel...
Feel kind of odd at first 'coz the front is slightly tilted up...
Who cares... as long as it draws attention with SHIMANO on it..!!
Still got to try with the cleats on...!
4 chillies!!!

Submitted by Mike Nadel a weekend warrior from Toms River, NJ

Date Reviewed: August 23, 1998

Bottom Line:

I got a pair of these about a month ago. I wouldn't suggest using them off road, they offer no protection from thorns or anything like that. I use them when I ride by the beach, up and down the boardwalk, things like that. They aren't super stiff, that's a bad thing on a bike, but it means that you can use them as regular sandles. The only problem that I've found with them is that I cant use them with my frogs. The front part is too wide and hits the crank arm before you get out. No big deal that just means that I have to use them with my 747s. For this reason I give them 4 chilies because I love my frogs.