Home | Reviews | Shoes | Sette

Sette Enduro Shoes

4.14/5 (14 Reviews)

With the Sette Enduro shoes you can turn your rides into adventures. Whether you bike or hike, the Enduro shoes will be there for you. The aggressive, wide, high traction outsoles combined with reinforced midsoles, provide a stiff and comfortable shoe for any type of rider. The upper is made of durable suede leather and breathable nylon with a lace closure as well as a hook and loop over strap for a secure fit.

Submitted by jellytronics a Cross Country Rider from Baltimore, MD

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2011

Strengths:    Durable. Would probably last forever. Price.

Weaknesses:    Unappealing to look at compared to other more expensive, fancy, pretty bike shoes. Otherwise they work.

Bottom Line:
Good entry level shoe for trying out clipless pedals. They're not the most comfortable shoes but that's only if you've tried other shoes and know what comfortable feels like otherwise. Easy entry/exit with crank bros pedals. No issues with the velcro strap as others have previously mentioned. Just be careful with it and it will hold up just fine.

Favorite Trail:   Loch Raven

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi X-Alp Enduro II

Bike Setup:   SS 32x20 Outcast 29er
Crank Bros Eggbeater 1
SS RaceFace Ride crankset

Submitted by Uncle Six Pack a Weekend Warrior from Bloomsburg, PA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2010

Strengths:    comfortable, look nice, durable

Bottom Line:
I started with a pair of Specialized shoes and they were goofy to walk in and started wearing out in about a year. I decided to try these and I can't believe how much better they are for like 1/3 the price. After about 3 years, I decided to buy a spare set because when mine finally do give up, I'm afraid they may no longer be available.

Probably not so great for guys who want a really stiff sole, but I love them for regular trail riding, shuttle runs and lift-access. Like I said I bought a spare set but after 3 hard years, my original set still has a LOT of life left.

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   specialized

Bike Setup:   Specialized Hardrock and SX Trail with Shimano SPDs

Submitted by IbikeID a Cross Country Rider from Boise, Idaho, USA

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2009

Strengths:    Price, durability.

Weaknesses:    Weight, lack of ventilation.

Bottom Line:
I've had these shoes for three years and had absolutely no problems. I ride 2-3 times a week, roughly 30-40 miles. They are not a shoe for weight weenies or racers, since they are not the lightest or stiffest soled thing out there. They are comfortable and great for a shoe you may need to wear when off the bike or on hike-a-bikes. I have scuffed and scraped them against rocks many times with no rips. The strap and lace loops are all still holding strong, but I am careful not to pull them really tight (I learned my lesson there after ripping a strap off my big name, expensive, and supposed high-quality racer boy shoes).

Submitted by wurensh a Weekend Warrior from Tucson, AZ

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2009

Strengths:    Price, Reliability, Comfort, Ease of Set-up, Traction

Weaknesses:    Uh....

Bottom Line:
What can I say - I'm surprised I haven't commented yet - I'm just about to order my 4th pair. I stumbled across these a few years ago and thought I couldn't beat the price (and Sette hasn't steered me wrong). These were my second "cleated" shoe - I wanted something a little stiffer, but not a solid footbed. These deliver. They have been my shoe as I have developed my riding from XC into "All-Mountain" (I think that name sounds stupid), and as recently as this past weekend, a friend said "I gotta git me a pair of those - they stick to rock like crazy". But as I learn to ride more instead of hike-a-bike, I have no reason to change. I've looked at similar style shoes, and the nearest I can find cost twice as much. So, I ask, "If it ain't broke, why fix it?". (In 3 pairs, I've used them thoroughly and completely - and have *never* had a strap break or anything... don't know what the others are experiecing - and I *use* my shoes!)

Favorite Trail:   Upper/Middle 50, etc.

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Similar Products Used:   If it ain't broke...

Bike Setup:   Titus Moto-Lite, Crank Bros (various styles depending)

Submitted by Jerry a Weekend Warrior from Guam

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2009

Strengths:    Rubber soles have good grip, good combination of stiffness and flexability. Works well with 1st generation Crank Brothers Mallets. looks like a shoe.

Weaknesses:    The sole finally cracked after four years of use

Bottom Line:
These are shoes that you can wear into a store, coffee shop, or even the bar and no one will look at you funny. I've used these shoes for casual commuting, weekend riding and racing. These shoes lasted four years of year round riding(two years in South Georgia and two years in Guam) and for the price can't be beat. If you want comfort, casual looks, and good perfomance at a good price these shoes are for you.

Favorite Trail:   Guam

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   None. Just bought some 661 experts to replace these.

Submitted by betheplunk a Weekend Warrior from Massachusetts

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2008

Strengths:    Look and stabilty. Designed for SPDs, but I love my Crank Bros mallets. I made a 1/8 aluminum shim for the cleats. Now I have the lateral freedom plus a nice loud click when I snap in.

Weaknesses:    Like with other reviews, the loop for the eyelet of the velcro strap tore -- not the stitching but the leather itself -- too thin and soft. I real bummer. I'm having new loops made by a cobbler for $15.

Bottom Line:
I can't give a high rating for other readers to see -- it wouldn't be fair. But personally I love these shoes and will stick with them despite the repair. In the end I'll have just what I want -- the stabiliyt and walking comfort of a hiking shoe plus good compatibility for Crank Bros pedals.

Favorite Trail:   Great Brook Farm State Park

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Bike Setup:   '05 Jamis Dakar XLT. Manufacturer's set-up but I added Shimano LX shifters.

Submitted by Ilikemud a Weekend Warrior from Colorado

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2008

Strengths:    decent looks, comfortable, grip well on pedals.

Weaknesses:    Weak eylet for the velcro strap.

Bottom Line:
The very first time I put on the right shoe I went to tighten the Velcro strap and it ripped right off the shoe. I am sending them back to price point for an exchange as I like the price and the looks.

Bike Setup:   Scott

Submitted by Nico a Racer from Houston, TX

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2007

Strengths:    Stiff Soles, Great Price

Bottom Line:
Value for the money, you cannot beat it. Similar to Shimano but priced a lot less.

Similar Products Used:   Shimano M70, Six Six One

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Scalpel, Full XTR

Submitted by Rico a Weekend Warrior from G-side, PA

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2007

Strengths:    Comfortable, stiff sole and good for those walks on the trail when you need to get off your bike. Great price and looks good.

Weaknesses:    Just like someone else said, "top lace eyelet ripped loose first try tightening (not stiched completely)." I used them a couple more times before I sent back to Price Point for an exchange.

Bottom Line:
With the exception of the weak eyelet construction, I really like these shoes, especially for the price. Due to size uncertainties while ordering online, I sent back for an even exchange. If it rips again, I am either sending back for a different pair of shoes or just putting in a new eyelet myself.

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   None, this is my first set of clipless shoes.

Bike Setup:   Raleigh Mojave 8.0, Shimano Deore shifters and derailleurs, Hayes Disc Brakes, Shimano MPD 520 pedals/

Submitted by Kevin a Weekend Warrior from Bakersfield, California, USA

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2007

Strengths:    Value. Good quality for small price. Fairly comfortable to wear casually after a ride.

Weaknesses:    A little Wide for me. My feet probably have an average width too.

Bottom Line:
Great value, grip well on platform pedals and on the trail for those walking straight up sections. Comfortable.

Favorite Trail:   Cannel Meadow (upper and lower)

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Bike Setup:   Motobecane Fantom Elite DS.

Submitted by robert rinehart jr. a Cross Country Rider from kent

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2007

Strengths:    price, i have a wide foot and they fit great. they seemed snug then after a ride or two they fit real nice.

Weaknesses:    top lace eyelet ripped loose first try tightening (not stiched completely). however i used it fine with just the strap, until price point quickly (1wk) sent me a new shoe and return label. great service.

Bottom Line:
great buy at 40.00 you could buy 3 pair for the price of a similar shoe, i looked. if you have a wider foot its the best conforming shoe i tried on.

Favorite Trail:   vultures knob,wooster,ohio