Performance Forte CM-300 Shoes

• Perforated insole
  • Triple Velcro strap closure

Submitted by John a Cross Country Rider from Phoenix

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2007

Strengths:    Fairly rugged, pretty good fit, look ok, sole firm enough (if not great), walking is ok.

Weaknesses:    Velcro straps hung over too far, but I do have a narrow foot. I may have bought a half size too big, but after 6 months, I found myself yanking the straps tighter when stopped.

Bottom Line:
Fit: I wear a 10.5-11 regular shoe. Bought the 45. A bit big for me I later learned. I recently found a Sidi 44.5 fits me right: more snugly and its more narrow width fits my narrow foot better than the Performance shoe.

I have pretty much stopped buying Performance-brand products after being continually disappointed, but these shoes are probably the best of their stuff that I've tried. They have no particulary weakness that I could find. Then again, they aren't a bargain basement price either. I would recommend their next shoe up that has a buckle.

After 1.5 years they're pretty abused (one strap looks ike its coming apart, and there's a hole in the side from a crash), so I'm looking at Shimano, Sidi, and Specialized for a replacement.

Favorite Trail:   Hawes Loop

Purchased At:   Performance retail store

Similar Products Used:   Some Nike SPD shoes.

Bike Setup:   SPD 5 and 6 hundred series. All kinds of bikes - 26, 29, hardtail, rigid, full. All rocky XC though.

Submitted by Pete a Cross Country Rider from Raleigh, NC

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2006

Strengths:    Price; durability; fits well

Weaknesses:    None at that price.

Bottom Line:
A very good shoe at a great price. Not top-of-the-line, but works well. If you don't want to spend a lot on shoes, but want a very good pair, this is a great option.

Purchased At:   Performance.com