Pearl Izumi X-Alp Elite Shoes

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)
Weight : 360g MSRP : $150.00

Pearl Izumi X-Alp Elite Shoe: The X-Alp ELITE is our "go to" shoe for those epic rides that involve any hiking.

Pearl Izumi X-Alp Elite Shoes Pro Review

The shoes are a pretty sweet, and are comfortable, excellent for the hike-a-bike forays, and are bombproof, durable, and they really protect the feet. They have a lot of features that have been incorporated into them for incredible on and off the bike performance, and there is a reason Brian Lopes was dominating at Crankworx in them. Continue reading →

Submitted by fred-da-trog a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2013

Strengths:    All the hype in the Pearl Izumi's description paragraph rings true.

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
I've been abusing these shoes for 5 months. Lots of banging up against sags,logs and boulders. They are not scuffing and tearing apart as other shoes have after one ride. Miles of hike a bike. Very comfortable and good grip in all soil and rocks.

I would have given 5 chilis but I've never been able to afford and compare to expensive shoes that everyone else raves over. These were at the upper end of my budget and worth every penny

Favorite Trail:   Sierra backcountry

Purchased At:   Pearl Izumi Outlet

Similar Products Used:   Lake, Specialized, Shimano

Bike Setup:   Turner Sultan

Submitted by dmclemens a Weekend Warrior from Irvine, CA

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2011

Strengths:    Comfortable, good pedaling, nice straps, good pedal-shoe interface.

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
These are great shoes, they fit and feel great right out of the box. I've always used stiff soled shoes for riding, so I was wary of these initially, but they feel great on the bike. The only area that flexes much is the toe area, and for where I mount my cleats it doesn't really feel too flexy. They feel great walking/climbing/hiking. I have no issues with my old Time ATAC pedals. The adjustable length of the click-strap is a nice feature.

Purchased At:   The Bike Co

Similar Products Used:   Really old Specialized Race shoes, old Shimano carbon sole three strap shoes

Bike Setup:   Ibis Mojo HD, SLX build, RS Lyrik RC Soloair