Northwave Expedition GTX Shoes

• Size: 36-47

Submitted by CRUM a Cross Country Rider from Acton, Maine, USA

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2012

Strengths:    Rugged, waterproof, excellent lacing system w/one velcro strap to keep it all neat and tidy. Shoes are comfortable enough for me to wear them at the bike shop all day. A lot of bang for the buck at the MSRP of $180 or so.

Weaknesses:    For me the weight is not a problem. But they are heavier than classic gnarly dude race sneaks.

Bottom Line:
Overall, the waterproof factor and comfort lift these shoes to my favorite over the Carnac Dunes, I finally wore out and could not fix anymore. These shoes are way cheaper and waterproof and I now have a full season on them. They are such good shape, it looks like there is at the least two more summers of using them.

Great shoe in my opinion - A lot of bang for the buck at the MSRP of $180 or so.

Favorite Trail:   The one I am on

Purchased At:   CRUM Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Carnacs, Lakes, Shimano, Specialized, - Hell over th eyears I have owned and used too many to remember.

Bike Setup:   Cross country 29er hardtail with rigid fork.

Submitted by wheezee a Weekend Warrior from UK

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2008

Strengths:    Tough, Waterproof

Weaknesses:    Heavy, Deep tread

Bottom Line:
Well made and hard wearing. Stiff soles, but perfectly comfortable for walking in.

Keep your feet dry, but are seriously heavy. I can't imagine anyone racing in them. Not over padded, so can take a thickish sock.

Won't be a drawback for some, but the tread is so deep, I suspect them of interfering with ease of unclipping. This is an advantage when you're walking and don't want the cleats to catch the ground, obviously. (I've tried washers to raise the cleats but with limited success)