Home | Reviews | Shoes | Nike

3.72/5 (43 Reviews)

Nike ACG clipless shoes

Submitted by bc vv a Weekend Warrior from frfe

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2007

Bottom Line:
You can watch freely videos of pretty horny girlfriends and amateur wives on: http://xx-vids.com!b

Submitted by spiro vagenas a Weekend Warrior from denmark

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2007

Strengths:    Simplicity
Design - ie colour, shape and good looks
Comfort and breathability

Weaknesses:    lower level covering on side of shoe is starting to show wear, allowing water in

Bottom Line:
This is a versatile shoe, when the temperature drops, all thats needed are some warmer socks. The shoe is broad enough to eliminate numb feet.

Great shoe at a very fair price.

Favorite Trail:   shootout

Purchased At:   Design Cykler

Similar Products Used:   Shimano MW02

Bike Setup:   Koga-Miyata tra-s

Submitted by Kyle Roggenkamp a Cross Country Rider from Minnesota

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2006

Strengths:    Comfortable and good to look at, can wear this in public

Weaknesses:    Durability of fasteners

Bottom Line:
I've only taken these on a couple rides, they seem to perform well, although the fasteners seem to be sub-par... When I was trying them on in the store, a metal clip holding the velcro in place bent and fell out... So they knocked 100 bucks off the price as this was the last pair they had... Fixed it and rode them the next day... The other side's metal clip bent on the second ride... so I'm going to make my own and hope to get a couple seasons out of them... Judging based on the other reviews, they might not make it...

If you ride every day, I'd probably look elswhere, as these seem to lack in durablility... But if you ride a few times a week and nothing too extreme, these will hopefully fit the bill...

Favorite Trail:   any single track

Purchased At:   Scheels All Sports

Bike Setup:   Raleigh M80 frame, XT components..

Submitted by melodyok melodyok a Cross Country Rider from guangzhou China

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2005

Strengths:    Highest Quality and Special Price

Bottom Line:
Offer all kinds of brand shoes, including Nike Shox OZ-NZ-TL-TL3andR4-R5, Air Max 97-2003, Air Force one, Air Jordan1-20, Nike( Dunk, Kobe, Rife )and New Nike .Shox(Bmw, Monster, Turbo), Bapestar, Adiddas, Timberland ,Prada and Ice Cream, besides, we also have Winter and Sports Clothing, Brand Bags, Caps and so on. All the products is in the best quality with the lowest price. We hope we can cooperate with friend from all around the world and cooperate with you and build a long. We are insisting on our company principle "Best Service, Highest Quality and Special Price ". If you interested in our products,please contact us for further information .for details and other model please contact mail to: melody@nikegarden.com. For more photoes, please visit. Believe oneself, believe us; Choose Nike, Choose nikegarden.

Submitted by II doggs a Weekend Warrior from guntersville, al USA

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2005

Strengths:    history of proven products

Weaknesses:    the rubber didn't weld to the plastic sole.

Bottom Line:
this is the Nike MTB shoe called KATO. this is the 3rd pair of nike MTB shoes i've owned. the upper is really well made, but the rubber and plastic sole delaminated way too early. i only got about two seasons out of them and the split in the rubber ripped all the way to the two causing a frustrating fix on the trail. i tried JB Weld and epoxie, but didn't work. rough trail portage is what caused this, but still, in my book, it's a manufacturers defect, so i'll inspect my next pair well before keeping them.

Favorite Trail:   Tsali

Purchased At:   Trek bikes online

Similar Products Used:   nike yuha, sidi

Bike Setup:   cannondale hardtail

Submitted by Yap a Weekend Warrior from Kuala Lumpur

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2005

Strengths:    considerably stiff sole, excellent ventilation, snug fit, good cleat clearance, aesthetically pleasing to the eye

Weaknesses:    none found yet...

Bottom Line:
This is my first pair of clipless shoe,the Nike Kato 2... and for the cheapest, decent SPD shoe one the market, they suit my budget very well. During the initial breaking in period, it a bit of a tight fit, but after the first few rides, it feels great.
Excellent energy transfer, comfortable, with excellent ventilation...wish I had moved up to clipless sooner...didn't know what i was missing.
5 roasted chilis for value and quality..
not on par with the big boys at shimano and sidi, but if you're a weekend rider, looking to up your cycling performance...this shoe is great ^_^

Purchased At:   local bike shop

Similar Products Used:   nope...this is my first clipless

Bike Setup:   gary fisher supercaliber carbon fiber hardtail, mostly xtr stuff, shimano 747 pedals, slick tyres

Submitted by Chris Paterson a Weekend Warrior from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2004

Strengths:    Look pretty cool, no tricky laces just velcro straps. Really nice metal soccer studs on the toes for extra grip walking up particularily nasty hills.

Weaknesses:    Rocks keep getting stuck in the tread. The inner sole isn't stuck in very well

Bottom Line:
Not bad if you can get them half price like me, though it makes you wonder why they getting rid of all their nike shoes and only stocking shimano...

Purchased At:   My Bike Shop

Bike Setup:   Avanti Montari Disc, Wellgo clipless pedals

Submitted by Joe a Cross Country Rider from Boulder

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2003

Strengths:    Had a decent sole for those times when you have to walk. I liked these shoes if only they would last longer than a few rides.

Weaknesses:    Went through two pairs in about one year, less than two ridding seasons. The sole cracks and detaches from the shoe. Poor quality.

Bottom Line:
These shoes for the most part suck. They are poorly manufactured and did not last more than one season, that's two pair. My first pair self-destructed after about a dozen rides. The local bike shop graciously replaced them. Well it happened again. The second pair broke down during my last lap at a 24-hour race. I tried to un-cleat and the bottom of the shoe broke off and stuck to the pedal leaving a big hole in the bottom of my shoe. Not good.

I would like these shoes if Nike could figure out how to put some quality in them.

Purchased At:   LBS Full Cycle

Bike Setup:   spd pedals

Submitted by Hans a Cross Country Rider from Allentown, PA

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2003

Strengths:    ??

Weaknesses:    Sole wear

Bottom Line:
Just wanted to add another warning that these shoes are not made for hard-core biking or use in rough, rocky terrain. The soles broke and separated from the shoes around the cleats with only a couple months of use! This has happened with 2 separate pairs of shoes, on both the left and right sides. I thought I was getting a deal on a good pair of shoes, but should have known better. Nike does not specialize in biking shoes.

Favorite Trail:   S. Mountain

Similar Products Used:   AXO, Diadora Geko, still looking...

Bike Setup:   2001 Schwinn Homegrown - Full XTR, Marin Quake 8.0 EX, '97 Trek 6500 - It's my red stepchild!

Submitted by Matt a Cross Country Rider from MD, US

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2003

Strengths:    High enough to cover, protect & support the ankle
Good tread on the sole for good grip when off the bike
Very little flex in the sole so no power is lost

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I'm a beginning off road triathlete whose main gig is endurance riding so I have to get off the bike to get around some obsticals more often than a regular X Country rider & I need a good tread. I also roll my ankles easily & just came off a 6 week torn ligament rehab so I needed to find a shoe with extra support around my ankles. These shoes with 661 ankle biters give me all of that (though they would have been fine by themselves).
Yeah the size thing was a pain but my regular bike shop kicks butt when it comes to making sure that I get the right thing for my riding & that I am completely satisfied. As anyone who downhill skis knows; the most important thing that you can do is get the right fit for your boot before you buy the skis, otherwise you might as well just burn the money you spend in the fire place. Its the same with your bike shoes. I tried on several different kinds before buying these. Shoes aren't like bike components.
If you need a shoe that can handle a bike riding adventure, this might be for you.

Favorite Trail:   Middle Run, DE

Purchased At:   Cycle Fit of Delaware County

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi low cuts with 661 ankle biters

Bike Setup:   Trek 8000 LT, Judy racing fork, Hayes hydraulic Discs

Submitted by John Webber a Cross Country Rider from Wilmington

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2002

Strengths:    Good fit. The colars are not so wacked out. Price.

Weaknesses:    The shoe broke at the back of the cleat cutout and pinched the piss out of my foot. You would think a company as big as Nike could make a shoe that would not break after a year of rideing.

Bottom Line:
The shoe fit nice, had to go big. The shoe has a short life span if you ride your bike. Get a pair of thies if you have a garage ornament and put them on the shelf next to the bike, that is all the are good for.

Favorite Trail:   Caesers Creek

Purchased At:   Nike Store

Bike Setup:   GT I drive, Hayes disk brakes, Mavic disk only rims with XT hubs, Crank Brothers pedals, XT XTR

Submitted by John Webber a Cross Country Rider from Wilmington

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2002

Strengths:    Good fit. The colars are not so wacked out. Price.

Favorite Trail:   Caesers Creek

Purchased At:   Nike Store

Submitted by Mike Styant a Cross Country Rider from London, UK

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2002

Strengths:    Laces and 2 velco straps, good grip (not great but good), very stiff sole. Colour is more relaxed compared to the crazy colours on many europeans brands

Weaknesses:    Nothing major, only problems came with wear and tear (2 yrs plus). No great in the wet, will let in water around the cleats. Final death came when the plate for the cleat separated from the shoe and stayed in the pedal - not good

Bottom Line:
Great mid-range, durable stiff shoe. Wearable in public.

Favorite Trail:   Meribel, France

Purchased At:   Fulham, London

Similar Products Used:   None - first clipless shoe, but I'm hunting for another nike replacement. Why is the nike website so badly designed - where is the cycle shoe section?

Bike Setup:   SPDs - its a shoe review not life history

Submitted by Dayton Foster a Weekend Warrior from Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2002

Strengths:    Looks great. (And, will likely stay that way because I can't wear them.)

Weaknesses:    Sizing!? I have worn Nikes for years and I always take an 8.5 so, why is a size 9 Inyo Low waaaaay too small?

Bottom Line:
I don't think I will be able to adequately test these shoes because of the massive, unforgivable, error on Nike's part regarding sizing. I can understand, although vaguely, sizing differences between manufacturers but sizing this different between models from the same manufacturer is just plain stupid. I am not saying: "Don't buy this shoe" but I am saying: "Try it on before you buy it!" There is one other post here that says the same thing. I wish I would have seen it earlier. I guess some things shouldn't be purchased by mail. Live and learn ;-)

Favorite Trail:   Kananaskis Country

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Several major brands.

Bike Setup:   Rocky Mountain Blizzard, XT; see www.bikes.com for description if you are actually interested :-)

Submitted by matt simkins from paradise, ca

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2002

Strengths:    Comfy, looks good.

Weaknesses:    Weak fasteners and the sole broke.

Bottom Line:
These shoes had a defective sole. When I tried to warrenty the shoes after having them only several months Nike just runs you around in circles on the phone with computers. I got info on where to mail them for warrenty and they sent me a form letter saying that the shoes had been manufactured before a certain date and that the warrenty was void. Since the shoes were relatively new, they must have sat in a warehouse for to long or something. Basically, NIKE DOES NOT WARRENTY THIER PRODUCTS!! so buy a shoe from a company that does.