Marzocchi Bomber Shoes

• TPR M Patches
  • Skate Inspired Style

Submitted by silentG a Cross Country Rider from Prescott AZ

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2009

Strengths:    Grips like a mofo, very durable outsole, comfortable to wear, short break-in period, cheaper than 5.10 Impact Lo (same shoe)

Weaknesses:    Grips like a mofo, white and black model feels like it should be sold with a zoot suit or a ponce hat maybe (take that MTBR anti-profanity big brother)

Bottom Line:
I use DMR V12 pedals and they are excellent platform pedals, however, they shred the outsole of shoes under normal circumstances over time.

People on MTBR and elsewhere rave about 5.10 shoes and the Bomber shoes are 5.10 Impact Lo shoes with a Marzocchi tag and different styling.

I was very skeptical of a shoe making such a difference in pedal grip and my ability to ride.

I can't believe how grippy these shoes are with my pedals.

The stiffness of the shoe combined with the grip has allowed me to ride so much better with more power and less fatigue than with the Nike trail shoes I was using before.

I was blown away after my first couple of rides with these shoes when the outsole was not marked up or nicked by my DMR pedals.

I have high arches and wide feet and I found that these shoes fit true to size and that they are no problem in terms of width.

Very comfortable shoe to wear and I pretty much forget about them being on my feet other than my feet are solid on my pedals.

Overall value, durability, and performance means that these shoes get 5 chilis.

Would go with the 5.10 Impact shoe if I couldn't find this one anymore. Marzocchi name meant $25-35 less clams to purchase than the the same thing with a 5.10 tag on it.

Favorite Trail:   Seriously...

Purchased At:   JensonUSA.com

Bike Setup:   Kona Blast

Submitted by Melanie Pratt a Downhiller from Deep River, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2008

Strengths:    good shock absorbtion, nice look, durable.

Bottom Line:
nice looking shoes, comfortable, and durable... go out and get 'em.

Favorite Trail:   none