Home | Reviews | Shoes | Lake

Lake MX200R Shoes

Lake MX200R

Submitted by Adam a Racer from Wpg, MB

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2001

Strengths:    I'm sorry, I placed a rating under the Lake MX200's, which I don't have, I have the MX200R's. These are the most durable shoes I have ever worn and the quaility factor is evident. They have all the factors I want in a shoe. Be sure to read my review on the MX200 which I really was talking aobut this shoe.

Weaknesses:    Nothing at all, it's all good.

Bottom Line:
All around awesome shoe and I have no problems with this shoe. I would recommend this shoe to anyone. There is one rule that you have to follow like I did, in order to make this shoe last, take care of it (like everything).

Similar Products Used:   Look under Lakes MX200 shoe, I listed them all there.

Bike Setup:   Again looking under my review of the Lake MX200 shoe. I'm just way too lazy.

Submitted by Dan a Cross Country Rider from Watertown, MA

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2000

Strengths:    Weight, Lace/Velcro combination, Colors

Weaknesses:    Crappy rubber upper and sole construction. Customer service center.

Bottom Line:
I want to like these shoes, I really do, but after one ride the rubber uppers became detached from the fabric. They told me to expect this and super glue it. But after 3 weeks, the sole started coming off in chunks! I've never heard of this before. I called their number and a woman told me it was because I was mistreating them. I don't walk anywhere in them! Then she said well I can't really help you, we just design the shoes. Came highly recommended though. Weird. Guess next time I'll buy NorthWave.

Favorite Trail:   Dogtown

Similar Products Used:   Diadora Chili's

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Super V100SL

Submitted by Martin S a Cross-Country Rider from Edmonton, AB

Date Reviewed: April 14, 1999

Strengths:
Laces, solid construction, price
way better deal than the 300's

Weaknesses:
some heel lift
Sole trimming required for Time Aliums

Bottom Line:
So far the shoes are good, very solid feeling over the pedal, construction looks solid, new soles are grippy and they come with 2 sets of extra cleats. Did have to trim the soles to accomodat the float of my Times, my biggest complaint is heel lift when portaging - a friend of mine also has same complaint with his 200R's as does my room mate with his 300's- although I am finding that it seems to be getting less as they get worn in.

less than 1 month