Home | Reviews | Shoes | Lake

Lake MX 190-W Shoes

2.75/5 (4 Reviews)

• Action leather & mesh upper.
  • Colors: Black, Silver

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Trails4Two a Cross Country Rider from Grand Junction, CO

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2009

Strengths:    Sole good for off bike

Weaknesses:    not really wide

Bottom Line:
    Just bought these for my not very wide feet (just over D width). Bought a size 44 which is my foot length. They were crushing my last two toes, not even as wide as my non-wide Diadoras. They might fit if I went up a full size but hten what's the point of a "wide" shoe. Called Lake and they said that the MX 170 is better than the MX 190 for high-volume feet. Why make a wide shoe that isn't good for high-volume feet? They are going back.

Favorite Trail:   Fruita systems

Purchased At:   Nashbar

Submitted by Cochise a Weekend Warrior from Hadley, MA

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2009

Bottom Line:
    These Lakes do not fit my Fred Flinstone feet very well. While I purchased the wide width, I do not find the toe box to be very wide at all. More like a D to E...Not a EEE or 4E.

Am still looking for a better setup. Too bad, the shoes seem pretty nice.

Submitted by stratmosphere a Cross Country Rider from Victor, NY, USA

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2008

Strengths:    Fits a wide foot. Tread of the shoe is actually soft enough to work on wet rocks and roots unlike a normal Sidi.

Weaknesses:    Buckle system has issues. I seem to always jam the release. Like the strap is just too long. Bottoms out and/or jams. This shoe is a bit heavy too.

Bottom Line:
    Might be the ticket for someone with wide feet on a budget. Hopefully you won't have buckle issues. Also Lake has known heel cup thread issues which I am keeping an eye on. 3 chilis means good, and with the buckle issue you can't go that high. People here are overating products.

Favorite Trail:   Hi-Tor

Purchased At:   Lake

Similar Products Used:   Sidi Dominator Mega.

Submitted by thubeav a Cross Country Rider from Decatur, GA

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2008

Strengths:    Fit. Lake offers WIDE shoes which are actually wide. So they fit properly. How can you ride with pinched toes? Fuggetaboudit. These shoes have a buckle and walkable tread.

Weaknesses:    They seem a little heavy but did it mention they really fit well.

Bottom Line:
    You can't underestimate the power of fit. All day comfort is critical for me. Form and function must go together or you will be limping home from shorter rides. I wear a 12 EEE dress shoe and I love a certain EEEE runNBing shoes made by aNBother compaNBy.
    Lake has put it all together here for me with this shoe. I don't need a full carbon sole. The trails I am riding would laugh at me. There is a certain amount of hike a bike for me on some sections. Other trails I can clear and wear the fancy shiny shoes that day.

Favorite Trail:   Pinhoti Snake Creek Gap

Purchased At:   Lake online

Similar Products Used:   Shimano(broken). SIDI Dom Mega (still have these). Diadora Geko. Keds (on my Schwinn Typhoon).

Bike Setup:   Time ATAC on all my bikes. Smartwool socks.

Replacement buckles for lake mx 190

Hi my buckles are starting to go on my lake shoes. I emailed lake, but I was wondering if anyone knows a source for the buckles. Thanks.hRead More »