Home | Reviews | Shoes | Giro

Giro Terraduro Shoes

While most trail shoes are still based on XC racing, the Giro Terraduro was created to navigate the demands of all-mountain riding, balancing on-and off-the-bike performance in a low-profile design. This durable shoe is built around a stout nylon shank th

Submitted by Chris a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2014

Strengths:    preliminary thoughts - Tread is excellent on slick surfaces. Nice and black. Protection. Stiff.

Weaknesses:    preliminary thoughts - bulky when compared to my regular shoes (Northwave Raptors). Hot. Wide. Sizing seems a bit off.

Bottom Line:
Okay. Limited saddle time as of yet, so take this with a grain of salt. I've worn them around my office and home, trying to break them in. I bought a size 45, based on trying on 3 giro rd shoes and a different Giro mtb shoe. Dress shoe and sneaker shoe is an 11. Current Northwave Raptors are a 44. Probably should have orderd a 45.5.

More akin to a hiking shoe than a bike shoe. Traction is nice, tried to slide on a smooth, wet tile floor, no problem. More protection than my current shoes. Really more like a pair of hiking boots.

Definitely requires a break in period. After wearing them to work two days, they are starting to feel tolerable. Did the wet sock drying technique, but socks didn't dry out! And shoe was still damp hours later.

Seems to be a bit of pressure on my instep. I suspect that as things break in, that'll get better (or I'll just dump the innersole/get a thinner one).

I set up the cleats and went for a short ride. Had to re-adjust, as the inside ankle hit the stays on my bike. Felt fine clipping in and out.

The protection makes the shoes hot. We'll see how that translates to a ride. Keep in mind, I'm in Hawaii, so hot and humid is the norm.

Similar Products Used:   Northwave, Sidi, Nike Cairns, Specialized.

Bike Setup:   bad assed carpet fiber huffy baby!