Home | Reviews | Shoes | Giro

Giro Chamber Shoes

The Giro Chamber MTB/Spin Shoe combines an attractive look with exceptional performance and comfort. Featuring a molded SPD compatible shank with an increased cleat pushback location, the rider is able to gain the efficiency of using an SPD pedal if desir

Submitted by Harlan

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2014

Strengths:    Stiff enough for 8hr adventures. Solid construction. Descent looks. Fit.

Weaknesses:    I'm always in search of the optimal lace retention system. The velcro is standard and works fine, but I want something in between the velcro strap and the full cover.

Bottom Line:
I've been on these for six months now and they are my go-to shoe. I have normal XC style Terraduros but I coach and stand around in shoes a lot and these have remained comfortable and perform great on the trail. I don't get hot spots unless I'm racing xc all out which I did at SS National Championships. But I have done multiple 8 hour days in these and they performed great.

The toe box is wide and even though they have room, on my feet I don't feel like I'm floating around in them. The construction has held up incredibly well for the abuse I've put them through.