Home | Reviews | Shoes | Giro

Giro Carbide Shoes

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

Whether you want to step up your game and clip into your bike for the first time, or you're a seasoned rider that needs to replace that pair of blown-apart stink-bombs, the rugged, supportive, and comfortable Giro Carbide Shoes are up to the task.

Submitted by darton23

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2013

Strengths:    For the price that i got at REI 50$ plus free shipping, you cant beat it.

Their sizing options are great. I am between a 12 and 12.5 for regular shoes just depending on the brand. I bought in a size 46.5. Their sizing was true to their sizing chart. These fit me perfectly at 12.25.

Weaknesses:    There are really no weaknesses. I could have spent another 50-70 dollars and bought a pair of shoes with a ratchet. Who knows when that would fail and cost me more money.

Bottom Line:
These being my first mountain bike shoes were a great purchase. For the price, hands down the best deal on the web and in stores. I was about to pay more for a house brand and not get the same quality that you get with GIRO. So far they have worked great.

Submitted by mikesbales

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2012

Strengths:    These shoes fit great, just like they're supposed to. I typically wear a 44, but had to get a 45 in these bad boys. I got the "khaki" color, looks a bit cheesy but it'll be covered in mud most of the time so it doesn't bother me. Through mud and water the soles never surrender an inch to poor terrain. Even when my tires can't get traction my shoes still can. The soles are VERY stiff which some people may not like (I'm not one of them). I've only had these for about a month but so far I can tell that if they ever ware out I'll definitely be purchasing another.

Weaknesses:    Khaki color isn't the greatest, but that is my fault, not theirs.

Bottom Line:
Great shoes, would defiantly recommend.

Submitted by Nor-Cal-Mike a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2012

Strengths:    Over all very comfortable. Pretty stiff but not to stiff to walk in. The toe box is nice and roomy I have pretty flat feet with a wide front foot area and they still fit great. The straps hold very well but for first time clipless riders you can still pull hou foot out in a moment of panic.

Weaknesses:    My only complaint is that the tounges are a little are uncomfortable against the ankle. They have a split in them to help conform to the front of your ankle but it dosent quite fit me correctly. I do have rather large ankles though.

Bottom Line:
Great shoe for the price. Very comfortable aside from the tounge.