Home | Reviews | Shoes | Gaerne

Gaerne G.Aster MTB Shoes

• Triple velcro set-up perfectly wraps the foot
  • Comfort Fit Tongue

Submitted by Sotos

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2013

Strengths:    Made in Italy,made from leather,quality,nice grip on rocks,good for wider feet too

Weaknesses:    Not the best ventilation for 38 C but affordable

Bottom Line:
I just received them today,so it hands just 3 hours on service. Generally I haven't thought of buying Gaerne shoes at past because they made for narrow feet. My feet its a bit wide on toe. I wasnt very happy with my old Specialized sport last months. It was their third season and started partitioning. So in search for new shoes I wanted a pair made by real leather and if possible craft on Europe or USA. After some search on net I found that this model was what I need as now Gaerne made their earlier collection wider. I have used Diadora,661 and Specialized before. G Aster even on first ride didn't make my feet feel uncomfortable. Specially after the first hour my feet familiarized easily. The quality has a visible difference with made in China shoes that I had. My personal opinion is that Italians are one of the best in shoe craftsmanship not only for cycling but also for a variety of sports too. The outer sole feels better on rocks than my previous pair. The ventilation its not bad,but I cant compare it with net style shoes like my old Specialized. I must say that they will feel much better on spring and Autumn. The best MTB shoes I have ever.