Five Ten Hellcat SPD Shoes

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Hellcat SPD This SPD compatible shoe with super high-friction Stealth® rubber is an unbeatable combination for riding clipless.The durable action leather uppers have reinforced stitching and Velcro® brand strap closures. Stiff, powerful midsoles ensure performance, whileThe one-piece molded Stealth® S1™ outsole offersTechnique-enhancingTractionThat works in conjunction with SPD design. Features FiveTens Stealth rubberTechnology which isThe ideal compound for hiking and mountain biking because

Submitted by Amy a Racer

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2015

Strengths:    Very comfortable, great style, Velcro strap keeps loose laces secure. I feel comfortable riding these in my downhill races, trail riding, street riding, BMX Racing etc. Good cleat clearance - I have used Shimano SPD in the past, and I now use Time Pedals. Great grip sole.

Weaknesses:    I have no complaints on these shoes. The only thing I could really say is a weakness is that they are a tad heavy.

Bottom Line:
A great all around mountain/dirt shoe. I recommend to anyone considering purchase.

Similar Products Used:   Shimano DX, Five Ten Impact

Bike Setup:   2015 GT Fury World Cup
2013 Giant Glory 0
2014 Kona Process 134 DL
2014 Kona Big Unit

Submitted by Jason

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2013

Strengths:    solid shoe for riding in

Weaknesses:    Every time I ride these for more than an hour they rub blisters in the back of my heels, and the cleat area is too small

Bottom Line:
Make a good DH shoe, but that's about it

Submitted by N2Drt a Weekend Warrior from Ayase, Japan

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2011

Strengths:    Stiff, Sticky, Looks cool.

Weaknesses:    Heavy, cleat area too narrow

Bottom Line:
Overall, happy with the shoe. I use Time pedals and the cleat well is too narrow to allow smooth release. I trimmed the sides and that seems to have fixed it. Feels a little heavy compared to my Shimanos but they are a bigger shoe. A little high in the ankle, but breaks in nicely. The cleat well is deep so when you are just walking around it doesn't sound like you're wearing tap shoes. I went on a city ride with a friend and he had no idea I was wearing SPD shoes. Feel great when riding dirt. Stiff, gives a good balanced platform. Shimano shoes are too narrow for my Flinstone feet so these felt great. Nice and wide. I wear an 11.5 to 12; the size 12 fits perfectly. Would definitely recommend for any trail rider who has wide feet and needs a good solid shoe. Whether I ride SPDs or flat pedals, these babys grip like nothing else. Clipped in or not, you stick to the pedal.

Purchased At:   Chain Reaction Cycle