Five Ten Danny Macakill Shoes

If you spend as much time as MegaSkill perfecting your urban prowess, you'll dig his new signature kick?the Five Ten Danny Macaskill Shoe. Based on the techie-trail-rippin' Freeride Shoe, the Danny-optimized version features a beefed up toe box and heel counter to reduce shock from those occasional proficiency-dialing bails.

Submitted by GlazedHam a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2014

Strengths:    Toe box is great. Super supportive when weighting the pedals or bailing off the bike. And of course the sticky soles. Cheap relative to Sidi for instance.

Weaknesses:    Quality assurance is lacking. Shoes come with a sloppy lace job. One eyelet had a ton of flashing or burrs and I had spend some time filing it down. Kinda messed up my laces before I figured out what was going on. Heavy.

Bottom Line:
Probably the best enduro or dirt jumping should out there due to increased strength in heal cup and toe box. I have no problem staying on the pedals (using Xxpedo Spry) or repositioning feet. I love the stability of the shoe.

For whatever reason the left one is not as comfortable as the right. The shoes tongue gives me little bruises on my low ankle on long rides.

I tend to ride very mid sole -- toes hanging way off the front --so I don't need a stiff shoe but these are about right unless you like to ride on the balls of your feet.