Diadora X-Trail Evo Shoes

2.4/5 (5 Reviews)

Outsole: Mtb Nylon sole reinforced with fiberglass and combined with Rubber Duratech tread. Ergonomic design. Sole is fitted with supplementary screw-on studs for added traction.

Submitted by slsl123 a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2012

Strengths:    Very comfortable, fairly wide toe box, price

Weaknesses:    Buckle adjustment, defective sole

Bottom Line:
Purchased these online about a year ago and have been very happy with them. They seemed to be well constructed, are very comfortable, nice ratcheting buckle, pretty easy to walk in. Until on a recent ride when I could not clip back into my pedals, looked down and saw my cleat still attached to my pedal along with a big chunk of the shoe sole and the mounting plate from inside the shoe. Really disappointing because I was really happy with these shoes otherwise. The only other issue I had was when the ratcheting buckle was ratcheted all the way down it still wasn't tight enough on my foot. I solved this problem by adding a second insole in the shoe.

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   Shimano, Lake

Submitted by 2nicolette a Cross Country Rider from Murrysville, PA 15668

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2010

Strengths:    Fit

Weaknesses:    I used this product for about 10 hours when the cleat plate broke throught the sole. Many people have complained that this happend after one season, but it happend to me after about 10 hours. I am a light rider (150 pounds) and had my pedals set to the easiest clip-out pressure.

Bottom Line:
shoes were worthless after 10 hours

Favorite Trail:   Roaring Run, Apollo

Purchased At:   Bike Tires Direct

Similar Products Used:   Lake MX165, Nashbar Sport II

Submitted by jsweed a Weekend Warrior from Indiana Pa

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2010

Strengths:    The shoe is stiff straps make getting in and out of shoe easy.

Weaknesses:    The bottom of the shoe cracked right at the ball of my foot. I was on a ride yesterday and the the peace that my cleat attached to pulled right out of the bottom of the shoe. Gonna head up to the lbs to see what can be done about it.

Bottom Line:
I didn't exspect the shoe to last forever but i never though that the cleat would pull out of the bottom. I got a good year of riding out of them just sucks i gotta get another pair of shoes.

Favorite Trail:   Yellow Creek loop

Purchased At:   Trailz End

Bike Setup:   Fuji tahoe 29er sl Stock other then stan's no tubes installed

Submitted by igmaino a Cross Country Rider from Houghton, MI, USA

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2010

Strengths:    ..?

Weaknesses:    ..?

Bottom Line:
The truth is I did not try this shoe. I work at a bike shop that sells this shoe and a customer of ours purchased this shoe and after only 3 months of riding had the soles of his shoes start to develop cracks where the cleats mount. Other than this single instance I don't have anything bad to say about the actual shoes. However, in dealing with the US distributor of Diadora - Trial Tir - I don't have anything good to say.

We initially contacted them in early April to start the warranty process. Eventually it was decided that we should take pictures of the faulty product and email them to a representative at Trial Tir... that email was sent out on April 16th. We didn't hear back from them until May 5th, and that was after additional emails and phone calls.

At this point we were given these options...

- they would replace the shoe for free with a lower priced product
or
- the customer could pay $150 to upgrade to a nicer shoe

Now I understand that an exact replacement may not be available due to the current stock situation, however you should never down-grade the customer, and typically if you can't replace the item then you offer an upgrade... for FREE.

So, when I informed them that these options were not acceptable and asked for a credit so that we could deal with the customer ourselves... Trial Tir said NO. They then told me to mail the shoe back to them and that they would send it back to Diadora in Europe and we could deal with them directly.

This is totally ridiculous!

Now, I don't have anything good or bad to say about the products themselves. However, due to this incident we are closing out all of our Diadora shoes and will not be ordering any more in the future.

Buy with caution.

Favorite Trail:   United States

Similar Products Used:   NA

Bike Setup:   NA

Submitted by wickedwagens a Weekend Warrior from Carson City, NV, USA

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2010

Strengths:    Comfortable, true to size, ratchet strap, good grip

Weaknesses:    Velcro straps

Bottom Line:
I have used Diadora shoes before and when it was time for a new pair I had to go with them again. I first went around to all of the local shops and tried on every shoe I could find. None were as comfortable as my old Diadoras. I decided to go ahead and try them again without test fitting and they were great out of the box. Fit was spot on and they are the most comfortable shoe I have tried on. They are a little odd to walk in, but not any worse than other bike shoes. note: they don't come with the toe spikes.

Purchased At:   nashbar.com