Diadora X Trail 2 Carbon Shoes

2.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Slide the planks into a pair of light and breathable Diadora X Trail 2 Carbon Shoes and spin pedals with a direct, power-transferring connection. Thanks to a super-wide range of adjustment, the X Trail will conform to your feets' profile for a custom fitensuring hours of frenetic high-speed mountain biking, and comfy feet at the end.

Submitted by John Soulsman

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2014

Strengths:    Good shoes for about a week.

Weaknesses:    The rubber tread began to separate almost immediately. Diadora has no interest in replacing these clearly defective shoes.

Bottom Line:
These shoes should come with a jar of contact cement. I reattach the rubber tread about every two weeks.

Submitted by xmessenger

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2014

Strengths:    Well, they looked good and performed good while they lasted. Chain Reaction Cycles has great deals on them...we'll see how they deal with warranty issues soon.

Weaknesses:    They fall apart in a very short period of time. First, the Duratech rubber tread(which, itself is excellent and grippy) began to seperate after about 6 outing and progressively got worse as does the carbon sole itself. While not as bad, it has begun to delaminate from the heel and toe sections of the shoes.

Bottom Line:
I bought these from Chain Reaction for a very fair price as I have much of my bike stuff but I should have heeded some of the negative reviews. I weigh less than 70kg or about 155lbs and ride a 29er hardtail so its not like I'm doing anything crazy just technical trail riding. I've had these shoes for about 3 months and ride once a week. These shoes couldn't have more than 300km on them and they look like 5 year old shoes. My cheap local Coop $70 shoes Exustar are 3 years old and still look new outside the dirt yet these Diadora high end carbon soled shoes are falling apart faster than a pair of fake Chuck Taylors! Just horrible and an embarrassment to any shoe company. Can't they get the glue right? That appears to be the problem. All this fancy materials and technology, all failing due to bad glue! I'd be laughing if I had not spent nearly $200 CAN on them.
Either Diadora or Chain Reaction Cycles had better step up to the plate and take care of this because there is ZERO reason a shoe should fail like this and not be covered. I'll be sure to let the world know how this goes down.
Where can I post photos?

Submitted by KevinNZ a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2014

Strengths:    Light. Stiff, good fit

Weaknesses:    rubber sole and heel can came apart

Bottom Line:
I have had pair if these for for over a year. they light and stiff and fit well (older Diadoras where small fitting). I would buy again because the riding experience is good.

but They are not holding together well. The rubber soil ripped of the toe on one shoe and I was not able to glue it back down. bother heel cups pulled away from sole but super glue fixed that.

Submitted by AndyTN

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2013

Strengths:    Very stiff sole. Don't be fooled by the ratchet strap.. it has a velcro upper that wraps around to give you even more adjustability. Lightweight.

Weaknesses:    You'd think on a high end pair of Diadora's they would change the ratchet style. I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Bottom Line:
These are a steal at $109 from Nashbar. This is my 2nd pair of Diadora's and it won't be my last. They run true to size so if you're in between order down.