Diadora Poblano Shoes Shoes

4.64/5 (11 Reviews)

Diadora Poblano Shoes

Submitted by Lee a weekend warrior from NJ

Date Reviewed: November 28, 1998

Bottom Line:

Lee, weekend warrior except when I can sneak out of work.
I was looking for a pair of shoes to replace my specialized control shoes which lasted about 3 years,and I loved them.I just happened into a bike store while I was on the one day and they were selling them for $65.00! One of the best buys I ever got. these are great shoes I would recomend them to anyone as long as they can find them. They fit like a glove. I give them 5 hot chilli's.

Submitted by Kevin King a weekend warrior from Texas

Date Reviewed: August 26, 1998

Bottom Line:

What a fantastic pair of shoes!These were my first set of cycling shoes, but not the first I had tried on. All the other (particularly Specialized) felt way cheap, although they weren't!I love the laces, wrap around cover with suede to keep them off the chain ring. Durable, easily cleaned. I get all kinds of comments how snazzy they look (better than those plastic shoes.) Highly water resistant and very, very comfy.Get a pair.-- K

Submitted by tanya a downhiller

Date Reviewed: July 30, 1998

Bottom Line:

i am a big lard arse chick who needs strong shoes to hold all the fat on my feet in. these shoes do a strappin' job. apart from the great shoes i think it sux this reveiw has to be greater than 50 words long. la la la la la la

Submitted by William a weekend warrior from Denver, Colorado

Date Reviewed: June 8, 1998

Bottom Line:

After considering Sidi Dominators. I recently purchased the Poblano Z's to replace my Nike Pooh Bah's. These shoes are so much more comfortable than the Nike's. The sole is stiff. The lace up and zipper combo actually provide a good fit. The my feet do not go numb anymore. They do a great of clearing mud I have yet to have any problems while riding in mud. I also like the added support and protection that the 2/3 high top offers. They are also great looking shoes. Also they cost about $70 less than the Sidi's. I would definitely recommend them. I would give them 4.5 chillies.

Submitted by Souremash a downhiller from Denver, Colorado USA

Date Reviewed: June 5, 1998

Bottom Line:

After four monthes of riding the heel patch on my Diadora's are falling apart. I'm not sure that this due to a manufacturer defect, but I was surprised. Other than that these shoes are very compfortable, and most importantly they keep the old footsies nice and cool. Nothing beats dry socks after a day of riding through rivers.

Submitted by Chuck Stein a cross-country rider from Pittsburgh

Date Reviewed: November 30, 1997

Bottom Line:

I've only ridden these a few times, but my previous shoes
were Nike Poo Ba Tus, and they sucked big. These shoes ARE like slippers,
except they support in a kind way, and the soles are STIFF. Putting them
on (the process of) is wayyyyy easier than the Nikes, because these things were
designed for HUMAN feet.I'll give them four chiles, only because I would like to see
how they hold up. They are Funky looking,though! However, after 10 minutes, mine were covered in mud,
and by the way, 5 chiles for mud cleats!

Submitted by simon a cross-country rider from London UK

Date Reviewed: August 12, 1997

Bottom Line:

Top shoes that do the job and don't make you look like a roadie.

Submitted by Charlie Branch a weekend warrior from sunnyvale, california

Date Reviewed: May 23, 1997

Bottom Line:

I was looking to replace the best shoes in the world (Sidi Cross) only because they can't go clipless. I had a list of features I wanted (like shoe strings for a good fit, Velcro'ed flaps to keep the strings from gumming up, low-cut design, etc.) Everything I tried was either way uncomfortable or way uncomfortable AND ridiculously expensive. Finally a saleslady at the Bicycle Outfitter (Lord bless 'em) offered me the Polbanos. It was like not having shoes on. Fuzzy slippers should feel so good. They're over my ankle but who cares - I can't feel them! They're less expensive that the plastic-coated monstrosities so popular today, they're very stiff, and they don't fill up with mud while recreating the Battle of Verdun on the local slopes during the Jan/Feb monsoon. They even offer the option of spikes which come in handy when scurrying up San Andreas Fault scarps or defending oneself against the hordes of enviro-nazi equestrians that infest the Santa Cruz Mts. I just hope I'm wearing them when the Big One hits. Viva los Poblanitos!

Submitted by mike a downhiller from new zealand

Date Reviewed: February 16, 1997

Bottom Line:

I reckon the shoes rule. They are so comfortable and have great sole support. On the whole, the shoes have no downsides, except that the things take ages to put on.

Submitted by Russ from Leeds England

Date Reviewed: October 31, 1996

Bottom Line:

For the price these shoes cannot be criticised. They are as comfortable as slippers yet grip you well on the bike. They are easy to walk or run in and have studs that can be removed or installed depending on the terrain. They can be washed in the machine when they get too bad to be seen in and are fully sealed even when using spd's with them. Excellent, way better than Nike's (very similar in design to Super Poobah's but for 2/3 the price)or Shimano's (better all round and 50% cheaper) offerings.

Submitted by jason a cross-country rider from Ft. Collins, CO

Date Reviewed: August 5, 1996

Bottom Line:

These shoes are sweet. Natural suede, full lace coverage, with a low 3/4 cut
design that is not clunky at all. Pretty lightweight, with excellent tracttion.
Mine have shown little sign of wear, thanks to the suede. As a bonus, they
are fairly easy to walk in when not on the bike.