Diadora Jalapeno 2 Shoes

4.45/5 (65 Reviews)

Diadora Jalapeno 2

Submitted by TRIXIE6949 a Weekend Warrior from Bartlett, IL USA

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2011

Strengths:    My son wore these for football and baseball he loved them was fast and very comfortable to run in. He also wears them when he bikes. The pegs are removable for running.

Weaknesses:    None found, clean up nicely

Bottom Line:
These shoes are the shizznetts, great quality, comfort, and a very good price. Long lasting, my son goes through shoes every few months these have gone through 3 seasons of football and baseball and still going strong.

Favorite Trail:   Baseball, Football

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   Nike, Converse

Submitted by jake stetz a Weekend Warrior from san diego

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2003

Strengths:    looks really cool. big hit with my friends.

Weaknesses:    difficult when windsprinting or doing hike a bikes. horrible for running on asphalt and trying to do quick manuevers.

Bottom Line:
These shoes are the missile. They suck for running and walking around on the parking lot. I wish I had running shoes, but then I think I would have to buy new pedals. I jump high in these shoes bec. they are light and strong for landing off curbs and things. I give them 4 peppers bec. of the comfort and strength, but not 5 bec. they are not good running shoes

Favorite Trail:   pine nut cove

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   sidi axo lake

Bike Setup:   huffy single speed with a singulator made out of titanium from hand.

Submitted by steevo cummings a Racer from pittsburgh

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2003

Strengths:    These shoes are amazing. I have put about 10,000 miles on them and they still keep going. I rode cross country on them, wearing them as my only shoe for 2 months and 3500 miles. I bike messengered in them for over 6 months in the snow and sleet and salty roads putting on another few thousand miles on them. Wore them while offroad touring in Montana. Road raced in them for a few months before finally buying "road shoes." They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned.

Weaknesses:    The sole should be replaceable cause it is the only thing that has worn out. The uppers are still great.

Bottom Line:
I have not been this happy with a product in a long time. I bought diadora road shoes, and I finally just bought another pair of diadora mtb shoes cause I found a deal and these cant actually last forever can they?

Favorite Trail:   tight singletrack with lots of climbs

Purchased At:   nashbar?

Similar Products Used:   nashbar brand shoes.

Bike Setup:   ti road. 1x1 mtb. fixed gear. gnarly

Submitted by Walter a Weekend Warrior from Cape Town, South Africa

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2002

Strengths:    -good fit
-stiff enough
-soft enough
-durable
-price

Weaknesses:    I havent found any.

Bottom Line:
They fit my feet perfectly. The most comfortable shoes I own. They are excellent in hot climates. They are nice and stiff for good power transfer; they work smoothly with my Wellgo pedals.
You can walk in them if you have to (remember these are CYCLING shoes). Yes, they are slippery on hard surfaces, but great on muddy or sandy slopes. They look good and I cant see any reason why they shouldnt last a couple of years. You Americans should just remember that the velcro strip is mostly there to keep the laces out of your chain - not to fasten the shoe!
I would buy these again. Try them on, and if they fit YOUR feet - buy 'em!

Favorite Trail:   Where no-one has gone before

Purchased At:   LSB

Similar Products Used:   Some kind of clipless roadshoe

Bike Setup:   Wellgo pedals

Submitted by Michael McPhillips a Weekend Warrior from New Zealand

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2001

Strengths:    Value for money. Easy clean, comfortable

Weaknesses:    Even with the release tension backed off can be difficult to release from.

The two studs in the toe can make walking on hard surfaces feel unusual. Off road great when you're pushing your sled up a steep hill.

Bottom Line:
Good value for the price.

Similar Products Used:   Diadora road shoes

Bike Setup:   97 Marin Nail Trail with Keywin pedals ( a NZ made product and worthy of a write up of their own)

Submitted by Ryan a Racer from dfsfdsf

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2001

Strengths:    cliped in and cliped out....good like cleat things on bootom for running

Weaknesses:    feet got wet easy

Bottom Line:
decnt set of shoes...good for startin...the specialized ones look cooler tho...but i don't even use clipless any more

Purchased At:   freind

Similar Products Used:   what are these..umm o ye shoes....just nike things for flat pedals

Bike Setup:   poo

Submitted by Cameron a Cross Country Rider from Waco, TX, USA

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2001

Strengths:    Great feel and fit to my feet
Awesome durability
Work out great and feel like true mtn. bike shoes.

Weaknesses:    None so far...awesome shoes

Bottom Line:
Get these shoes. I asked a guy on the chatroom in here what shoes i should look into buying and he mentioned these so i reviewed em and took a chance......I'm very happy with the outcome and look forward to very many successful rides in the future. AWESOME! I recommend these to anyone

Favorite Trail:   Cameron Park

Purchased At:   Performancebike.com

Bike Setup:   Cannondale F400, XT back derailur w/8 speed, grip shifters, shimano brakes (not sure numbers)

Submitted by Mark a Weekend Warrior from Ravensdale, WA

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2001

Strengths:    Fits my size 14's, hardly anything else does. Keeps my foot in place, breeth well, clean easy, work well in mud, decent power transfer.

Weaknesses:    Rubber nubs on sole are made of hard plastic, makes these shoes slick on rocky surfaces. Collar/tongue needs more padding

Bottom Line:
To get 5 flamers these shoes would need to have a retail of around $60-$70 for my taste and have some more padding around the tongue and collar areas.
The weaknesses are not enough for me to not have these shoes as they are the only game going in this price range for my size 14's that I could find.
These are my first biking shoes, and the upgrade from street shoes was worth it. They clean easily after a muddy ride, and dry quickly. No complaints as far as the quality of the manufacture.

Favorite Trail:   Preston RR

Purchased At:   Greg's Greenlake

Similar Products Used:   Shoes

Bike Setup:   2001 Specialized Enduro Expert HT. Psylo XC, Thudbuster post, Deore shifters, XTR rear, LX front, Hayes discs

Submitted by Scott a Weekend Warrior from Connecticut

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2001

Strengths:    these shoes will last longer than you will

Weaknesses:    plastic strap holder broke after a few months but the bent piece of hangar has been in there ever since!

Bottom Line:
I've owned these shoes for over four years. I even tried to purposely ruin them by getting pulled behind bikes on pavement and running through ponds but they still work. Since I won't be buying new shoes until these wear out, it looks like I won't be buying new shoes

Favorite Trail:   all of them

Purchased At:   bike store

Similar Products Used:   Nashbar cheap shoes

Bike Setup:   97 Y-5 with XT and 535s

Submitted by Paul Kim a Cross Country Rider from Houston, Texas

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2000

Strengths:    Excellent value. Stiff sole for good energy transfer. Fits me well.

Weaknesses:    Velcro strap chews up the laces, but with some care, the laces should last. Sole is slick when traversing wet pavement.

Bottom Line:
Great shoe. Great value.

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   None.

Bike Setup:   Trek 6000, Shimano PD-M545 pedals, Specialized Body Geometry
saddle

Submitted by Crazy Mike a Weekend Warrior from Foothill Ranch, CA

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2000

Strengths:    1.Lightweight
2.Clips into Wellgo platform pedals no problem
3.No need for cutting down the sole for them to fit
4.They are comfortable
5.In fact out of all the shoes I tried they fit me the best.

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
These are great shoes. Yes they have lots of venting and yes water leaks into them. To that I say so what, but that's only because I live in So Cal. I think these shoes are the best investment I have made so far. I will keep you posted as to how they hold up.

Similar Products Used:   Axo Cortez, Axo Blackball

Bike Setup:   Fuji Monster

Submitted by Paul Ulanch a Weekend Warrior from Ypsilanti, MI, USA

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2000

Strengths:    snug fit, inexpensive

Weaknesses:    not great for wide feet, plastic buckle for velcro strap isn't the strongest - best used to keep laces out of drivetrain not for putting pressure on instep

Bottom Line:
Great shoes for the money, very stiff sole transfers the energy where is supposed to go, very durable shoe other. Don't over tighten the velcros strap.

Favorite Trail:   Emma Long, Tx & Pinckney, MI

Submitted by Dan Mitchell a Weekend Warrior from Calgary, AB

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2000

Strengths:    Fits my feet far better than I'd expected it would; plenty of power transfer, decent amount of grip even on rocks, which it's not best suited to.

Weaknesses:    Laces get chewed up by super-agressive velcro straps. Sole is a bit stiff for extended periods of climbing.

Bottom Line:
Fits far better than I'd expected it to given how unyielding the construction is; no problems getting power to the pedals on the down or the upstroke, lace+velcro system isn't the quickest to get on/off but losing 15 seconds a day I can live with.
The sole's stiff, but walking around is fine; climbing when the trail gets too steep is a bit less comfortable. Hard rubber sole means that it's a bit sketchy to walk through gravelly stuff or on big flat rocks, but it's not unmanageable; on the upside, mud is no problem.
As I said, the laces are getting chewed up pretty fast every time they wind up caught in the velcro; as long as I pay attention when removing them this doesn't happen, but we'll see how long it is before they're completely ragged.

Overall, no comfort problems after 6 hours of riding/walking/climbing, no problems with durability thus far, cheap, looks okay, good stuff.

Bike Setup:   '94 Specialized s-works, bomber z4 on front, mostly xtr parts

Submitted by phudson a Cross Country Rider from louisville, KY

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2000

Strengths:    Durability, comfort, ventilation is superb. Soles are nice balance between stiffness and flexibility.

Weaknesses:    I can't think of a single thing, even the shoelaces have held up.

Bottom Line:
I've ridden these in the deserts of Nevada and Utah, to the gruesome, crud-strewn streets of New York. I now use them to wade thru some of the uckiest muck I've ever seen on the trails of Kentucky. NO PROBLEMS! No holes, no de-laminations, no broken shoe strings, NOTHING! I can't get over the fact that the first real biking shoe I ever picked was this freakin' good. I'm not that lucky, maybe they'll explode on the trail next week. Some roady types might balk at the little flex in the soles but then I cross-country in the real world where a little (sometimes a lot of) portaging is absolutely necessary. I appreciate a bit of give in my shoes while climbing a super steep incline with the bike on my back. These are true all-rounders for hardcore long-term use not mom and pop week-end loafers. I've never washed 'em just hose 'em down at the car wash and they still look pretty damn good. Have I mentioned that I've yet to break a shoestring? When these finally wear out somtime in 2010 I'm buying another pair.