Diadora Chili Extreme Shoes

Weight : 470 grams

Midsole in Diapan Fiberglass and sole tread in Polytech for lightness with No-Flex steel insert. Conical extensions to prevent mu build-up. Threaded inserts for toe spikes.

Submitted by ant8510 a Cross Country Rider from Northshire

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2010

Strengths:    cheap, comfy and warm in the dry

Weaknesses:    useless in the rain

Bottom Line:
I bought these for £50 from ebay figuring they were worth a punt - for the price. Big mistake. Frankly they are useless in the rain, letting in loads of water, presumably through the ankle gaiter. Being ostensibly waterproof this water then cannot escape and sloshes around in the shoes, freezing your toes as it does so. In the end you have to take the shoe off mid ride and empty it out. I was better off using my spesh summer shoes with seal skin socks - kept me warmer and drier. Have yet to try these with the sealskinz but I shouldnt have to! I appreciate the limits of waterproofing and cycling, but these are just awful. I advise you avoid completely, regardless of price...

Favorite Trail:   innerleithen

Similar Products Used:   specialized summer shoes

Submitted by gibsonra a Cross Country Rider from US

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2009

Strengths:    Reasonable Price. Stiff sole.

Weaknesses:    Very narrow in the toe. Can rip at the seams. Not waterproof in the ankle area.

Bottom Line:
I got a size larger to try to free up my toes a little but they are still narrow. In the cold you need to move your toes around to keep blood moving. These do not allow me to do that. The insulation is also a little thin in the toe area and seems to be thicker around the ankle. I wear toe warmers if it is below 30. The top of the shoe is a loose fitting material and this allows your foot to flex easily. The top material is not waterproof and the seems leak badly where it joins the shoes. The shoe does have a waterproof sock which serves to hold all the water inside your shoe causing me to have to take them off and pour the water out. This only happened in a rain storm one time. Be careful putting them on and use the internal strap to pull them on. If you use the loose fabric around the top you will rip the seams.

These are OK shoes but I would not have bought them if I got to try them on first. I would much prefer a boxier toe for a winter shoe.

Favorite Trail:   I like them all

Purchased At:   Online

Similar Products Used:   NA

Bike Setup:   Cross Country

Submitted by Hyland Fisher a Racer from Nevada City, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2007

Strengths:    Very warm, great fit, waterproof(ish). Easy on, easy off. High cuffs. Stiff sole. Non leather.

Weaknesses:    Limited adjustability with only two velcro straps. Do not seem to be waterproof this season, will need to investigate. Have had problems with pull strap and sinch strap coming unsewn.

Bottom Line:
Great shoe of the price (if you can pay less than retail). These have a high retail price. Have kept my feet very warm below 20 degrees F. Fit similar to a normal Sidi dominator. I put them away for the summer and am wearing them again as it is raining often. They do not appear to be waterproof now. I'll have to look into that, wash them and maybe recoat them with a waterproof material.
I love them.

Purchased At:   ebay.com

Similar Products Used:   Sidi winter shoes. Sidi shoes with toe covers. Sidi shoes with Seal Skins waterproof socks.

Bike Setup:   Clipless pedals.

Submitted by John a Cross Country Rider from Verwood

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2007

Strengths:    Fantastic shoe/boot. Lovely and toasty now that winter has hit. They aren't restrictive around the ankle, meaning that they comfy all day.

Bottom Line:
Buy them, use them, enjoy them. Great fit and good price.

Purchased At:   www.primera-bournemouth.co.uk

Similar Products Used:   Normal shoes and overshoes.

Bike Setup:   Hardcore Cross country