Home | Reviews | Shoes | Chrome

Chrome Kursk Pro Shoes

Take a comfortable seat on the fence between walking comfort and riding performance, thanks to the Chrome Kursk Pro Shoe. Chrome took the shell of its top-selling Kursk Shoe and added SPD cleat compatibility to meet the demands of those who are on and off their bikes, day in and day out. In addition to the ultra-durable Cordura body, Chrome packed in a full-length nylon shank and a polyurethane slam pad to increase rigidity and eliminate pedal hot spots.

Submitted by Velojoy

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2012

Strengths:    Comfortable commuter shoe on and off the bike. Cleat is basically fully recessed making them good for walking. Affordable, even at retail.

Weaknesses:    Not waterproof and a little warm. If they were more breathable I'd be even happier with them.

Bottom Line:
I purchased a set of these about 3 months ago for a commuter shoe to minimize walking in my Sidi's. In almost daily use (1,500+ miles) I've been very happy with them.

For riding they are surprisingly good. I find I can comfortably do 20-30 mile rides in them without noticing them being less stiff than my Sidi's. So far durability seems good and they look basically new.

Off the bike they are great. They are comfortable for walking or sitting around in. They are stiff enough that you know you're walking in a bike shoe, but the full rubber sole really helps with comfort.

They are almost all black (except the logo) and are simple enough that I can get away with wearing them with khakis and a dress shirt for semi-formal meetings that I bike to, this is a major plus in my book. True mountain bike shoes ALWAYS look odd with any kind of respectable looking pants and I dislike having to carry spare shoes.

Sizing runs very large, I normally wear a 10.5-11 and had to get a 10. I would definitely buy these again and recommend these to anyone seeking a commuter shoe.

Purchased At:   Angry Catfish