Home | Reviews | Shoes | Carnac

Carnac Alize Shoes

3.33/5 (3 Reviews)

The soles are made of Bovine leather and perforated breathable cloth. Equipped with three non-stretchable fibre straps with UV treatment.

Submitted by P a Cross Country Rider from NY

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2003

Strengths:    well ventillated

Weaknesses:    way too narrow

Bottom Line:
If you have a wide foot stay far away from these shoes! shoe is way too narrow even after trying to stretch it with a shoe tree. after 30+ miles the shoe becomes painful. I used it in an ironman race and limped off the bike into the marathon.

Favorite Trail:   fahnstock state park

Similar Products Used:   shimano, pearl izumi

Bike Setup:   sugar 2+

Submitted by andy k a Cross Country Rider from rochester,ny

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2002

Strengths:    Super Comfortable, great power transfer, yet quite walkable, very predictable pedal interaction

Weaknesses:    none really for xc & trail riding use

Bottom Line:
So comfy I bought a second pair. Seriously, these things are plush - but don't compromise performance. The comfort is due mainly to a roomy toebox and a stretchy upper that really comforms to your foot, it almost feels custom.

Sturdier than they look. I've had no problems as a 160 lb, average x-country/trail type, but its possible someone heavier or more free-ridey could blow through these quickly.

They are particularly good for warm & hot weather, since they're well vented. Wouldn't be the best choice for consistently cold, muddy, wet conditions.

pre 2002 have a yellow mid-sole, newer ones black. The black is stiffer, but I like em both.

Purchased At:   performance bike

Similar Products Used:   Shimano 150,220,058, Gaerne

Bike Setup:   Stumpy FSR, pedals are 959s

Submitted by Emery a Cross Country Rider from Birmingham, AL, USA

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2002

Strengths:    Straps, stiffness

Weaknesses:    sizes or larger than US conversion

Bottom Line:
Tried 3 pairs before getting it right...know your size in this specific model...my other T-1 Carnac's size didn't correlate. This one is a little more narrow than my tri shoe so I use a shoe tree and fits is good now. I forget I have them on, knowing how long my other CArnac's have lasted, these shall be around for longer than my Alpine Star Confetis'....haha anyone remimber this awsome fitting italian shoe....I used black paint to change the graphics but it still is the most comfortable Mnt bike shoe I have ever had but too flexi by today's standards. Sidi...well, I gave up on them years ago for comfort and too narrow, think they have improved since Mega sizing in past 2 years.

Purchased At:   Performance