Home | Reviews | Shoes | Bont

Bont Vaypor XC Shoes

The Bont Vaypor XC features a hand-made, wrap-around carbon sole precisely fabricated to resist the unique stresses placed on a cycling shoe. Real rubber lugs (replaceable) are designed to maximize off-bike grip and minimize the retention of dirt and mud.

Submitted by MonkeyBoy650

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2014

Strengths:    They can be molded to your feet, and so can be very comfortable. Very light weight also

Weaknesses:    Buckles will break!
Pieces (lots of them) will fall completely off, all the rubber tread, pieces of fabric!!
Customer support is a bunch of complete a-holes and will deny your warranty claim, saying you "damaged" the shoes

Bottom Line:
DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF BUYING THESE SHOES. I got some Vaypor XC brand new...put brand new bike computer on the bike which said zero miles. Rode these shoes, and when the computer said ~100miles, PIECES STARTED FALLING OFF!!! Around ~120 miles, one of the rachet buckles broke OFF!! Got to 150miles, larger portions of the fabric upper started delaminating!!! Then at 200miles, so many parts were trying to come off, that I could see my toes through the top of the shoe!!! I had to superglue the entire fabric upper and all the rubber tread parts back to the shoes to be able to even use them!!! In all my 20 years of riding bike, these are the absolute, single-worst, bicycle product I have ever used, or heard of someone using. Even ONE chilli is vastly overratting these shoes... If you want pictures of the failures, find me on the forums and I will show you...