Home | Reviews | Shoes | AXO

AXO AXO Tiburon 2 ATB Shoe Shoes

Submitted by Steve Smith a Cross Country Rider from Austin, TX USA

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2003

Strengths:    Affordable, durrable, comfortable, they protect your feet well.

Weaknesses:    The cleets are not recessed enough. Thbe shoe string/velcro combo makes it hard to keep from tearing up your shoe strings with the velcro.

Bottom Line:
These shoes are great to get started in and see if you want to go clipless. If you have asperations to become a racer or get very serious with the sport you should skip this level and go on to a better shoe. Great for the weekend warior. nice overall shoe. I have enjoyed them and will keep mine for a backup/cold day ride shoe.

Favorite Trail:   Walnit Creek in Austin

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Bike Setup:   schwinn mesa- xt front lx rear, rockshox Judy sl, raceface crank.

Submitted by mikey a Weekend Warrior from utah, usa

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2002

Strengths:    Very cheap, light, "doesn't look like a cycling shoe", came with a sticker.

Weaknesses:    Smelly. Very smelly. Also laces got caught in velcro and got kind of shredded. That one was probably my fault.

Bottom Line:
These are my first clipless shoes. I haven't had any problems with them, they are very lightweight, not too stiff to walk in, and have held up to the light abuse I have given them. The only problem is they STINK! They smell so bad my wife wouldn't let me keep them inside for 2 months after I bought them. Even now they still smell like I'm in the middle of a Payless Shoe Store. I give them 4 chilis overall though, because as long as I'm riding I can't smell them.

Favorite Trail:   porkypine rim